FA Cup Thread 2014/15

The Naitch

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought BU just shaded it if I'm being honest ... and he was a minute quicker.

I missed one tbh but I make you right.

On Keown, he said something really weird when Falcao something like 'he's being sarcastic there' when he was struggling to see the numbers on the board.

It was a strange team for the BBC. Preston v Man Utd so they have an ex-Preston player and an ex-United player in the studio with all others neutral. BBC Scotland and Sky will be wondering why they just didn't have 5 ex-Man Utd players covering it.

It was hardly the "leg breaking" challenge that Phil Neville made it out to be. The 'keeper was a wee bit rash but no more than that. Rooney dived and is therefore a cheat in my view.

I wonder how often a 'leg breaker' actually results in a broken leg. I'd probably say less than 1%. Kind of weird to call something by a description of something that it actually rarely does.

As you were.

Would like to see the referee book Rooney and give the penalty. The keeper diving out like that has impeded Rooney therefore it's a penalty, but there was no need for the theatrics.

Not that up on the offside rule but hearing a few opinions sounds like the linesman got that right. Thought the second goal should have been chalked off though.

Ive been calling for that rule change for ages (but I thought I was a lone voice in the wilderness).

Refs should be able to give fouls but also book the fouled player for making the most of it.

pandarilla, on 16 Feb 2015 - 23:14, said:

Meant to add they should also be told to give fouls if a player manages to stay on his feet. The never do that and so players are obviously going to choose to go down.

Aye, you basically have to go down in the box. It's been forced on the players by inept refereeing.

Ive been calling for that rule change for ages (but I thought I was a lone voice in the wilderness).

Refs should be able to give fouls but also book the fouled player for making the most of it.

I'm sure they can, they just don't. They're their own worst enemies at times.

Like tonight, not booking Davies for a second time because it would mean sending him off. Tough! He deserved to go. It's one thing trying to keep it 11 aside but blatantly ignoring the rules like that is just wrong.

Would like to see the referee book Rooney and give the penalty. The keeper diving out like that has impeded Rooney therefore it's a penalty.

Erm, no it's not. The correct decision for impeding is an indirect free kick. Therefore no matter what it is not a penalty.

The correct decision in this instance should have been a direct free kick to Preston and a yellow card to Rooney for simulation. Any other outcome would be the incorrect one.

TD

Archived