Heart of Midlothian v Raith Rovers, 08/11/2014

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just swapped shifts at work so I can attend this. sury seeing your team play against better opposition and in a full stadium makes this one for Raith fans to relish? Given the year etc I'd hope for a big rovers turnout, some of my best football days out have come when everyone expected my team to get beat.

Football wouldn't hold any interest for me if there were any way of knowing what would happen. We could sneak a win here.

Or we could take a proper seven or eight goal drubbing. Both those things are within the range of possible outcomes.

I'm not one of the Murray-out crew, but I think everyone acknowledges that our league position flatters us. Performances have been unconvincing all season, even when we've managed to get results.

(We won 2-0 yesterday.)

What was the score yesterday?

I work with a Raith fan and their negativity matches the posts in here. I realise performances etc may tell another story, but is 5th in the league not probably punching above your weight slightly?

Spot on with this, IMO the only reason we currently sit 5th is because Hibs misfired to start, Falkirk havent been able to continue last seasons good form and the part time teams are just as bad as us at the minute unfortunately ... If there was 7 or 8 decent full time teams in this league we would be screwed big style !

Just swapped shifts at work so I can attend this. sury seeing your team play against better opposition and in a full stadium makes this one for Raith fans to relish? Given the year etc I'd hope for a big rovers turnout, some of my best football days out have come when everyone expected my team to get beat.

Normally we would have a decent support for this match but I can't see there being more than a few hundred at the game. When season ticket holders are deciding to miss home games it tells you everything about the general discontent among the support just now.

Normally we would have a decent support for this match but I can't see there being more than a few hundred at the game. When season ticket holders are deciding to miss home games it tells you everything about the general discontent among the support just now.

Where do you guys expect to be? In a league with Hearts,Hibs and rangers I think you're doing well. For me rovers are a mid table second tier club and that's where you are in a stronger than normal second tier.

Where do you guys expect to be? In a league with Hearts,Hibs and rangers I think you're doing well. For me rovers are a mid table second tier club and that's where you are in a stronger than normal second tier.

The problem is, we're not playing like a second tier team. We've lost on four occasions by more than four goals where we've been utterly outclassed. We've put in brutal performances (aside from those losses) against the likes of Falkirk, Alloa and Linlithgow. Our football largely consists of long balls up to Nade, Elliot, or out wide to Anderson. We have a decent core of a team, but our manager simply isn't cut out for the job. The board seem happy enough based on the fact we've got a season where three teams will pack out the away end.

However, Rovers have a major problem. The Flyers offer an entertaining alternative to the football (tonight, they scored 8 goals) where you enjoy a positive atmosphere, and can take in a few drinks. Rovers on the other hand have a ground filled with no atmosphere other fan people who seem more content to boo. On the pitch, the product is rancid and tedious while the prices are higher.

Ideally, we've get rid of Murray who, it has to be said, has been a great servant to the club as a player. He also helped us to win the Ramsden's Cup which I'll never forget also. However, things simply aren't working. We could try to replace him with one of the likes of Danny Lennon or Derek Adams. We need to try to change the philosophy of the club from tedious route one football to a product people will want to watch. Nobody expects a team passing the ball about like Barcelona in the 2011 Champions League final. We just want a manager who doesn't run out of ideas after plan A, of humping it long.

RW89 hits it spot on, we are 5th in the league as other teams are simply as bad as us. Like i said above, if this league had 7 or 8 full time semi average teams we would be rock bottom. When we come up against real tests we are shown the door ... We have lost Vs 10 men (including shipping 4 goals), drew Vs bottom of the league with 10 Men, shipped 4 to Rangers, 4 to Heats, 4 to Dundee, 6 to Rangers and probably another 4/5/6 to you guys again this weekend ... No fan expects us to beat any of the "big 3", however when part time teams below us like Alloa/Dumbarton/Cowdung are giving it a real go and taking points, its worth questioning why we aren't ...

While this is happening we watch our manager set up with a 4-5-1 defense based formation every week, punting long balls to a 5ft midget striker who can't possibly do anything, even when we play 10 men we don't budge from this 4-5-1 ... Murray is possibly the most clueless coach in recent times IMO and he proved it this weekend again by being absolutely outplayed & outclassed by a Junior side ... Unfortunately unless you witness this weekly, it makes most of us Raith fans look like spoiled a'holes in regard to our current league position :P !

Always nice to be told how your team is doing by supporters of other teams.

We have the second lowest points total over the last 36 games in this league - Alloa have gained a point less. Cowdenbeath have performed better. Cowdenbeath! Part-time Dumbarton have vastly outperformed us (by 15 points). We've won once at home this season. We've won seven games in thirty seven in the league. Four of those came against part-time teams, one against a hopeless Morton, and one against Livi and QoS. Forget a win over Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Hamilton, Dundee or Falkirk. We're little Raith Rovers and have no right to beat such giants. One win in four against Livingston is all we should expect, according to some... it's "our level".

We keep getting pumped by anyone who spends more money than us, but struggle to beat and often don't beat teams who we spend more than. Our goalie saved us from a pumping by a Junior side at the weekend. Our manager is quoted as saying not conceding is more important than scoring. We've lost to and drawn with ten men in our last two home matches. And to top it all off we traditionally collapse in the winter - when the clocks went back last season, we were top of the league. We finished the season one point above the relegation play-off.

Grant Murray is now at the stage where he needs to do a lot more than win one or two games to win the fans over. One manager in maybe twenty manage it (Allardyce at West Ham is perhaps a good example). Can Murray? The writing seems to be on the wall.

Always nice to be told how your team is doing by supporters of other teams.

We have the second lowest points total over the last 36 games in this league - Alloa have gained a point less. Cowdenbeath have performed better. Cowdenbeath! Part-time Dumbarton have vastly outperformed us (by 15 points). We've won once at home this season. We've won seven games in thirty seven in the league. Four of those came against part-time teams, one against a hopeless Morton, and one against Livi and QoS. Forget a win over Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Hamilton, Dundee or Falkirk. We're little Raith Rovers and have no right to beat such giants. One win in four against Livingston is all we should expect, according to some... it's "our level".

We keep getting pumped by anyone who spends more money than us, but struggle to beat and often don't beat teams who we spend more than. Our goalie saved us from a pumping by a Junior side at the weekend. Our manager is quoted as saying not conceding is more important than scoring. We've lost to and drawn with ten men in our last two home matches. And to top it all off we traditionally collapse in the winter - when the clocks went back last season, we were top of the league. We finished the season one point above the relegation play-off.

Grant Murray is now at the stage where he needs to do a lot more than win one or two games to win the fans over. One manager in maybe twenty manage it (Allardyce at West Ham is perhaps a good example). Can Murray? The writing seems to be on the wall.

You strike me as a bit cowdenbeath.

Archived