Heart of Midlothian v Raith Rovers, 08/11/2014

It was a run of the mill league game in shite weather. What were you expecting?

I dunno maybe a chorus of Hearts Hearts glorious Hearts?

I remember being at Tyncastle back in the 90s in run of the mill league games and it was jumping.

ETA I know this is a tad ironic coming from a Raith fan when our general crowd noise atm is a chorus of "boo boo fucking boo"but you guys are top of the league.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being at Tyncastle back in the 90s in run of the mill league games and it was jumping.

ETA I know this is a tad ironic coming from a Raith fan when our general crowd noise atm is a chorus of "boo boo fucking boo"but you guys are top of the league.

If we'd got a second the atmosphere would've been better IMO, but the longer it went on at just 1-0 the nervier the fans got. Sometimes the players have to do their part in generating an atmosphere and that never really happened yesterday.

Same could be said for Starks back in the '90s. Place is like a morgue now. If it wasn't for the booing there would just be silence, broken up by the odd collective groan.

Thought we were pretty lucky to get out of that with a win, having said that I don't think Raith really troubled us too much to merit anything from the game.

Doesn't look like it's working for El Hass up front by himself, would have put him in more of a Skacel role tbh so hopefully he moves back into that once Sow, Keatings and Carrick are all back fit. Nicholson had one of his poorest games of the season unfortunately, shows you what an important player he is when he's playing well, same goes for King but did a wee bit more than Sam.

Wouldn't mind Walker leaving for a fee in January, don't think he has it in this team, far prefer Nicholson and King starting out wide with someone else in the centre. Brad McKay is decent in the championship but won't be good enough, almost a stick on to be lining up for Raith at the start of next season.

Eckersley did well I thought going forward down that wing, we just looked confused as to what to do with it once we reached the wing and no one to play it to in the box. Gomis had a good game but could count himself a bit fortunate to stay on the pitch, looked like he tried to pull down one of the Raith players on a counter after being booked.

Can't argue with a win when we're not playing well, and it wasn't really a terrible game, just a bit scrappy at times.

Really looking forward to the Falkirk game.

Oh aye, and those poppy/McCrae's batallion scarves are fucking dreadful creations.

Thought we were pretty lucky to get out of that with a win, having said that I don't think Raith really troubled us too much to merit anything from the game.

I keep seeing this from Hearts fans and I understand it - but did Hearts trouble us at all either? Three shots at goal according to the BBC. It'd obviously have been a different game if Hearts hadn't scored so early but I do think we merited a point. Neither side had what you would call a clear-cut chance at all yesterday so I don't think if we'd nabbed an equaliser anyone could've had any complaint.

On the atmosphere front, I've rarely been in an away support as quiet as we were yesterday until around the 65th minute. I don't think Hearts style of play really lends itself to an atmosphere either

I keep seeing this from Hearts fans and I understand it - but did Hearts trouble us at all either? Three shots at goal according to the BBC. It'd obviously have been a different game if Hearts hadn't scored so early but I do think we merited a point. Neither side had what you would call a clear-cut chance at all yesterday so I don't think if we'd nabbed an equaliser anyone could've had any complaint.

On the atmosphere front, I've rarely been in an away support as quiet as we were yesterday until around the 65th minute. I don't think Hearts style of play really lends itself to an atmosphere either

obviously after we go a goal up there's less onus for us to chase a second. That said we did make the clearest chance of the game when Billy King was one on one with the v keeper and managed to run it out for a goalkick...

If you're a goal down from 4 minutes in and don't create a decent chance you're no really meriting getting back in it.If you'd taken the goal out there wasn't much between the teams but we did already have it.

I thought Brad McKay did fine yesterday.

The trio of King, Nicholson, and Walker need to be rotated, rather than all played at once - I'm not convinced that Walker can get through a full 90 minutes.

I haven't given up on El Hass - he seems to be taking a wee while to settle, and doesn't quite seem to be on the same wave length as the rest of the players - plenty of time.

Jason Holt needs to sort his head out.

Any one else spot Ozturk play, and get away with, a couple of very risk passes across the back line yesterday? Somebody needs to tell him to cut this out.

I was bored shitless watching 10 men behind the fucking ball for 80 minutes tbh.

Well, maybe you lot shouldn't play with 10 men behind the ball then. You do have the players to rip any team in this league( including Rangers a new one).

But if you play like you did yesterday, again this season, you won't win.

Alright mate we are still laying the wreath and it will be between 11 and 11.30am depending on when rovers mad can get us through at ;) There will be 25 on the fifes finest buses [inc rovers mad] plus 2 or 3 who go through on on the train aswell as edinburgh based rovers fans.We will also have 1 or 2 in attendance from McCRAE`S BATTALION TRUST who have been kind enough to help me organise it for our club.We will be laying the wreath in memory of the 3 rovers players JIMMY SCOTT,JIMMY TODD and GEORGE MCLAY who were killed.At the same time we will be thinking about those other brave men who fought for the battalion from all the football clubs aswell as other sports who gave their lives for their country.It will be quite a poignant morning something none of us will have experienced before.A lot of our members will be wearing club polo shirts in the hunting stewart green with the 3 rovers players names embroidered on to them and McCRAE`S BATTALION on a sleeve.

LEST WE FORGET

It was great to meet you guys on Saturday Morning. My sons and I would love to meet you in Kirkaldy before the next game. Anyway, good luck this season boys, you certainly deserved something from yesterday. That was the hardest game we have had so far,

Alright mate it was great for us to meet you and the lads aswell yesterday on what was an emotional day.Us laying a wreath at the memorial is something we felt we had to do so for you to come along aswell was much appreciated.When we play hearts in kirkcaldy just give me a pm and i can arrange for you to come up to the pub where we go.We drink in styx and there is also transport laid on for the home games so you lads would be more than welcome.We should have got a point at least especially on the 2nd half performance.It was 100% improvement on linlithgow in the cup the week the wek before.All the best for the season except when you play us that is :)

I expected a lot more from us. I don't expect us to necessarily steamroll every team that comes to Tynecastle but I still expect more from us performance wise. For a team that is supposed to be fit as hell, the fact that we lacked any attacking movement for most of the game worries me. I thought we were supposed to have been working on the attacking side to our game over the last fortnight and if anything it feels like we've regressed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're still managing to see games out, but most other teams in the championship arguably would have punished us. Falkirk away, and then Rangers are not two fixtures we can not afford to be so lucky against.

I seem to have adopted the Edinburgh clubs, so went to this one. Raith did quite well containing Hearts for the most part, but what the f**k were they doing for Ozturk's goal?

They weren't persistent enough in the ending stages for me. They didn't look like a team 1-0 down.

Well, maybe you lot shouldn't play with 10 men behind the ball then. You do have the players to rip any team in this league( including Rangers a new one).

But if you play like you did yesterday, again this season, you won't win.

I think he was talking about Raith (and other teams) having 10 men behind the ball.

The other thing about yesterday, of course, is that we did in fact win.

Archived