Heart of Midlothian v Raith Rovers, 08/11/2014

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few days ago some RR fans said that they would be laying a wreath at Haymarket at 11.00 on Saturday morning. There are a few Hearts fans (certainly me and me sons at least) who would want to meet you and lend our moral support. So my question is....is this still going ahead?

We sound a tad moany for the sake of it to be fair, but you can look at this in a number of different ways ... This time last season we where top of the league and 8 points better off, yet we survived relegation by 1 point, our "clocks go back winter" form has yet to even start which saw us win a grand total of 3ish league games in the last half of the season, adding to our total of only winning what i believe to be 8ish league games in our last 40 odds ...

Take it as you will, but being joint 4th like said is because there is many part time teams in this league who we have by the skin of our teeth beat, combined with Falkirk/Hibs starting very slow, now we are into the winter and the clocks have gone back, its tradition for everything to completely tits up and see us down in the bottom 3 in the next few games and remain there for the season !

Falkirk and Hibs have had the same teams to play, I'm not saying they won't kick on but did you see yourself finishing above them anyway? The league was weaker last year which would be why you had more points. Those part time teams have taken points off Hearts, Hibs and Rangers so you beating them isnt to be sneered at.

You watch them every week so you'll know better but from the outside it seems your doing fine. P.s Hearts scraped past auchinleck on the way to win the scottish.

A few days ago some RR fans said that they would be laying a wreath at Haymarket at 11.00 on Saturday morning. There are a few Hearts fans (certainly me and me sons at least) who would want to meet you and lend our moral support. So my question is....is this still going ahead?

yeah mate it is,

I will be there along with around 25 or so others, if you need more info pm BigQ or myself

Alright mate we are still laying the wreath and it will be between 11 and 11.30am depending on when rovers mad can get us through at ;) There will be 25 on the fifes finest buses [inc rovers mad] plus 2 or 3 who go through on on the train aswell as edinburgh based rovers fans.We will also have 1 or 2 in attendance from McCRAE`S BATTALION TRUST who have been kind enough to help me organise it for our club.We will be laying the wreath in memory of the 3 rovers players JIMMY SCOTT,JIMMY TODD and GEORGE MCLAY who were killed.At the same time we will be thinking about those other brave men who fought for the battalion from all the football clubs aswell as other sports who gave their lives for their country.It will be quite a poignant morning something none of us will have experienced before.A lot of our members will be wearing club polo shirts in the hunting stewart green with the 3 rovers players names embroidered on to them and McCRAE`S BATTALION on a sleeve.

LEST WE FORGET

Hearts to win 4-0 again is 10/1 with Billy Hills. Tempting...

I can't seem to find a price for 4-0 and Keatings anytime but imagine it is roughly 20/1.

If McGurn is on form in goals or your strikers have an off day it's possible you might just get 4 goals.

Dogged defending and a superhuman display by the witch will see us ok, Hearts will be so frustrated Wilson will lash out and we'll win 1-0 with a Conroy pen.

Now where did I put that crack-pipe?

Back on planet earth a 5-0 or more wouldn't be a shock to my system today.

For us to have any chance of getting a grip on the game, we need Scott to shadow Gomis and not allow him to dictate the game as he did at Stark's. Stopping the ball getting to the wingers so easily will be vital.

Don't expect anything from it apart from a big defeat but Hearts may be a bit rusty after having a week off. They also seem to have spent most of the week talking about the Rangers game in a fortnight which is a bit disrespectful so hopefully they're a bit complacent.

Straws clutched, I'm off to the pub. Tynecastle, it's been too long.

They also seem to have spent most of the week talking about the Rangers game in a fortnight which is a bit disrespectful so hopefully they're a bit complacent.

Have we? Where?

They also seem to have spent most of the week talking about the Rangers game in a fortnight which is a bit disrespectful so hopefully they're a bit complacent.

I haven't mentioned this - some fans have posted about the possibility of Gomis picking up a caution in today's game that might keep him out of the Rangers game.

There's no problem with fans being complacent/over-confident - if there's any complacency among the players/coaching staff, we'll have a problem.

Archived