benburb new park

courts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there going to be cover over the seats? It looks like the setup is very close to what's needed for full SFA membership and regular senior Scottish Cup entry if that were to be added. Not looking to launch another pyramid argument, but would have thought if you tick almost all of the boxes on that it makes sense to try to go all the way on meeting entry level requirements. Looks like a great setup and Benburb's committee negotiated a very good deal for themselves.

Is there going to be cover over the seats? It looks like the setup is very close to what's needed for full SFA membership and regular senior Scottish Cup entry if that were to be added. Not looking to launch another pyramid argument, but would have thought if you tick almost all of the boxes on that it makes sense to try to go all the way on meeting entry level requirements. Looks like a great setup and Benburb's committee negotiated a very good deal for themselves.

As far as I am told there is cover going to be over the seats.

The way the Benburb structure is, support and money revenue, I think it with quite a long time even before Benburb can consider taking it further through the Pyramid system / Senior Scottish Cup route. That's my own views of being part of the team when I played for them and what I know today. It's never really changed, infact it got worse since the clubhouse was having problems and then being burns down.

It would be great if I'm wrong though but Benburb will remain a Junior team for a long time.
Regarding the seats I do hope it gets a cover as it can be quite windy there and as the seats are high and it's next to the motorway it could well be a very cold seating area.

There will be 450+ seats with terrace , it does retract but i would

Think it will always stay out ! Hopefully be ready February will be one of the best parks junior football has

Seats? SEATS? I can almost hear the gnashing of the falsers from the "traditional fans" but very well done to Benburb on deciding the 21st century's where it's at.

Would love to see Bens get a glamour game to open the new park. Sincerely wish them all the best for the wonderful welcome I had on the 5/6 occasions I ventured along.

Originally Frank Lovering was thinking of having a Bens Legends game to start to opening of the ground. The same idea as the one which finished at Tinto park, http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/211709-final-games-at-tinto-park-benburb-29th-march-30th-march/#entry8272314, when all the ex pros, from 80, 90 and 2000's and players playing now.

That weekend that finished was a success, The Bens beat Jonhstone Burgh 2.1 at Tinto on the Saturday and there were two legends game son the Sunday. If they did I think a little bit more marketing will go a long way. That's the level they can think off that they don't need to pay out money which can then go back into the benburb coffers

Originally Frank Lovering was thinking of having a Bens Legends game to start to opening of the ground. The same idea as the one which finished at Tinto park, http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/211709-final-games-at-tinto-park-benburb-29th-march-30th-march/#entry8272314, when all the ex pros, from 80, 90 and 2000's and players playing now.

That weekend that finished was a success, The Bens beat Jonhstone Burgh 2.1 at Tinto on the Saturday and there were two legends game son the Sunday. If they did I think a little bit more marketing will go a long way. That's the level they can think off that they don't need to pay out money which can then go back into the benburb coffers

Naïve in the extreme on my part I know, but I would like to think some near neighbours could perhaps play a game there. It's not as if it would cost them much in travelling?

Good luck whatever it is and, work permitting, I'll pop along.

Not been made exactly clear, but is the new park situated wholely, or partly, on the old site?

Did Benburb own the old ground and is the new park bein financed from sale of all or part of it I presume at least some of the money has come from various funding organisations .

Has a name been chosen for it yet? Nothing wrong with New Tinto but I would hope at least some part of it would commerate the late Tommy Douglas, the greatest Bens legend of them all.

This week's release of the SFA Referee Appointments sheets go as far ahead as 3rd January.

Saturday 20th. Home vs Maryhill - at Ashfield's Saracen Park (since Neilston are also Home).

Saturday 27th. Home vs Carluke - at Brig o' Lea as usual (Neilston are Away).

Saturday 3rd. Home vs Renfrew - they have it listed as at "Tinto Park" (Neilston are also Home, so are Ashfield).

From the pictures of the remaining work still to be done on the clubhouse, that sounds unlikely to be correct though.

It wouldn't be the first time the initial release of the SFA Referee Appointments sheets need later correction, if it will just be a different alternative venue being used for the 3rd January fixture.

All "Weather Permitting", of course...

Not been made exactly clear, but is the new park situated wholely, or partly, on the old site?

Did Benburb own the old ground and is the new park bein financed from sale of all or part of it I presume at least some of the money has come from various funding organisations .

Has a name been chosen for it yet? Nothing wrong with New Tinto but I would hope at least some part of it would commerate the late Tommy Douglas, the greatest Bens legend of them all.

The new ground is beyond present Tinto towards the motorway.

Archived