benburb new park

courts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any update on an opening date?

No date has been set yet.

LeedsPhil, on 03 Dec 2014 - 12:51, said:

I noticed that Benburb's 29th Nov fixture was switched to be an Away early in that week (so not a weather-induced last-minute switch) even though there was no reason to do so since Neilston were Away.

How do you know there wasn`t a reason ?,

That Away came after a series of Aways, and with Aways thereafter.

Is it not easier to switch a game to "away"providing it suits the other team too ?
So I wondered if that switch indicated a deliberate saving-up of Homes until they truly could be Home instead of at Neilston.
Absolute conjecture as it hasn`t done Renfrew any harm to be playing home away from home.

In the latest release of fixtures, Benburb have been given three consecutive Homes - on Sat 20th Dec, Sat 27th Dec, and Sat 3rd Jan.

We also have two away fixtures preceding those, one in the league and one in the cup both to Dunipace, we also played our Scottish cup tie away to Medda, are you suggesting the draws were rigged to suit Bens ?

Does that indicate that as of 20th Dec they'll be playing on the new ground, I wonder...

No, it doesn`t indicate anything of the sort, you are reading too much into nothing, it is not in Bens best interests to keep an opening date a secret as we are anticipating a full house when we do open, so as soon as it`s confirmed we will be as public as we possibly can with advertising it on here, Twitter, Facebook and our Website as well as locally.

For the first two of those dates, Neilston aren't Home, so it's possible that Benburb could fulfill those Home fixtures there.

Yes it is possible, but it is also possible that we could fulfill those fixtures elsewhere as we have done recently at Saracen Park.

But on 3rd Jan, Neilston are themselves Home.

And ?

It's Benburb v Renfrew, which couldn't just be switched, since Johnstone Burgh are also Home that day.
So that one must surely have been scheduled knowing that Benburb will definitely be on their new ground by then.
Absolute rubbish as we have already played Renfrew away at Keanie Park, we still have three games that could possibly be reversed, we take each fixture as we are given them, if the other team is happy to reverse then that`s the easiest option, every team we have reversed the fixture with have been more than happy to do so. if not then we look at alternatives.
I suggest that you look at our league position before you launch into any more conspiracy theories.
Thank you for your dissertation on Benburb F.A.C.

Thanks for all your replies, although your tone is somewhat unnecessarily confrontational.

I apologize for showing a keen interest in the forthcoming opening of your club's new ground if it upsets you that much. I am very much looking forward to seeing a game there.

Thanks for spotting my schoolboy error - I should indeed have remembered that you have already played Renfrew away, since I was at that game on 11th October ! So the 3rd Jan meeting would of course not be switched anyway, regardless of Johnstone Burgh being on Keanie Park that day.

Yes, I am aware that Benburb v Bellshill on the 8th of November was played elsewhere than Neilston, since I therefore travelled down from Aberdeenshire specifically to attend that match at Ashfield. As I had made sure to do for a game at the magnificent Tinto Park before it closed, and again to see one of Benburb's fixtures played at Neilston.

When asked, the Benburb official taking the gate money at Ashfield informed me that the reason for that one-off move was that Neilston were returfing their goalmouths. Neilston subsequently played on their ground before the 29th of November, indicating that that returfing job was complete. It is not unreasonable therefore to regard reversal of Benburb v Maryhill to become Maryhill v Benburb as a sensible positive thing to have done if all parties were in agreement, saving up that Home fixture to be fulfilled instead at an imminently-opening proper home, especially knowing that thereafter was an Away and a cup match the draw for which had come out as an Away, therefore that Maryhill game could well have been the last Home fixture before moving in. If there was another reason that Brig o' Lea wasn't available then do please illuminate me. The other logical reason I suppose could have been Maryhill being keen to get a fixture ticked off at Lochburn Park rather than it sitting empty on a Saturday afternoon given the demands upon it now that BSC Glasgow of the Lowland League are sharing there.

Seeing a string of Homes commencing 20th December in the latest release of fixtures therefore enthused me with anticipation that that batch could well bring with it the first game(s) on the new ground. No underhand rigging of fixtures is implied but it is not uncommon for a club about to move to a new ground to be respected by their League by being assigned Aways until the building completion date the club has indicated to their League. e.g. most recently this happened with Edinburgh University of the Lowland League.

Wishing you nothing but the best in your new home, and looking forward to attending a game there as soon as I can get down after it opens.

Best regards,

LeedsPhil

Phil, I read and re-read your original post and thought that amongst the genuine questions there was an underlying nitpicking of things and that's why my reply is the way it is.

If all you needed to know was when will the new ground be opening then you could have stopped after your opening line instead of going off on a tangent.

I

As I said previously as soon as we have an opening date it will be posted here, Tiwitter, Facebookk and our Website.

The new ground looks great! I coached at Tinto in August last year (if my memory serves me correctly) so I'm slightly disappointed to see it go. The old covered terrace was a mess but you could really feel the history in it and around the rest of the place. When's the new place meant to open? I'll need to get down to it at some point!

Yes Bill, its just finding the time to get down there, I`m even more intrigued by Mr Prez`s comments of no roof as there was a roof on a month ago, so may nip down on my dinner break tomorrow.

There is a roof bud but when im driving by it dose not look like its tiled might be wrong tho

If its going to be opened soon then that is great news

Wiz it Frank????

There is a roof bud but when im driving by it dose not look like its tiled might be wrong tho

If its going to be opened soon then that is great news

Wiz it Frank

Went down for two minutes today, clubhouse roof is tiled, walls not bricked yet, and various ongoing interior works going on.

The pitch looks complete with dugouts and covered terrace still to be installed, but looking at the work that's still to be done they will do well to be ready this year.

Went down for two minutes today, clubhouse roof is tiled, walls not bricked yet, and various ongoing interior works going on.

The pitch looks complete with dugouts and covered terrace still to be installed, but looking at the work that's still to be done they will do well to be ready this year.

See you the morra hopefully

Archived