Hurlford v Stirling Albion

rhliston

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we have appeared to dodged the bullet and get a draw, From the reports Hurlford were the better team and should have been 3 goals up but despite having 5 players booked and down to 10 men after Graig Wedderburn having been set off we managed to claw level after a goal from Chris Smith.

So on to the replay this coming Saturday at Forthbank in what should be our new managers first game in charge whoever it is.
Hopefully things can only get better

That has to be the most embarrassing result in their history.

Imagine not being able to beat Stirling.

And it was us that had players injured!

Stirling not afraid to put the boot in and the ref was poor. Hurlford had the ball in the net at 1-1 but big Robbo was correctly flagged offside.

Wonder if Jake the village idiot will be there next week?

Truly awful performance from the Binos. Hurlford were the better side for the first 45 and the last 10mins and will feel unlucky not to be in the next round.

The ref was very poor and generally only saw one side committing fouls.

The conditions did not make for good football. The pitch was heavy and both sets of players found it slippery. Surely, in high winds, you keep the ball on the ground?

New manager next week and 2 training sessions to prepare for the replay. Will the 'Ford' bring many fans?

It wasn't a dirty game despite the number of cards. The referee had a good game - my dad and I were speaking to his assessors after the match who agreed with me. Every yellow and the red were clear bookings.

Hurlford were by far the better ten and had lots of chances in the first half to score further. Stirling were very poor. At the start of the second half it took over 15 minutes for the Hurlford keeper to get a touch which seemed bizarre for a senior team who were chasing the game.

The big Stirling centre half was their best player and kept them in the match. Interestingly they seemed to gain some impetus from going a man down and scored not long afterwards.

I was standing with the Stirling fans throughout and they are not a happy bunch at the moment, and no wonder after that performance. A few were complaining about being beaten (at the time) by a junior side however I'm sure that only one Hurlford player has never played senior before.

Finally Blair Park is looking better and better as time goes on.

Hurlford by far the better side, just couldn't take their chances which can often make all the difference. I'm sure they'll feel gutted while Stirling will feel very relieved. Chris Smith had a surprisingly good game. Man of the Match IMO.

Also, saw James Ward at the game...

Well done to Hurlford today they were the better team, think they were unlucky to lose a goal. We certainly didn't deserve the draw.

I just hope our new manager gets things sorted out over the next few days, to be fair to him next week is a big ask for a win given the rubbish he will inherit, our squad needs a good shake and players need to have it made clear to them if they are rubbish they will be out the squad. Time to start looking at the youth teams and bringing a few into the squad.

We were lucky to get the draw, well done to Darren Smith and Ross Forsyth for their work think they done well given that they didn't have much time to sort things out.

Everything I was going to say has been said. I'm actually gutted that the game has went to a reply, in this day and age the game, regardless of what round it is, should be settled on the day.

Much improvement is needed for next weekend or once again we will have to rely on Keen being wasteful again.. Unfortunately I'm working so will miss the match but fingers crossed there will be a good crowd on the day.

And it was us that had players injured!

Stirling not afraid to put the boot in and the ref was poor. Hurlford had the ball in the net at 1-1 but big Robbo was correctly flagged offside.

Wonder if Jake the village idiot will be there next week?

Don't think this village idiot will be there unfortunately

Archived