Alex Jack Cup Final

Next Sunday, and an intriguing encounter ensues between the leaders of the first and premier divisions.

On paper Leith would look to be too strong for Peebles Rovers, but the first division side are flying at the moment, and playing with a great deal of confidence.

As a Duns man, I would like to see the borders side succeed,and think they may well just do that.

What's you guys view on the match ?

Not seen Leith this season, Peebles like to play through the middle and play football at that with Frankie and whoever plays in there turning out when possible keep Frankie out the game u win. He's not even that good mind you.

Are you on drugs

Can't believe you Tynie surely after shipping 8 in yesterday you can't say they have 1 player says loads for you's. Got to love it though pal the boy Frankie isn't that good ? Remember him scoring against you yesterday and coming off at half time !

Lot of interesting flavour to this.

Both clubs sitting top of the 2 EOS League divisions... Lothians v Borders... Leith going for 3-in-a-row while Peebles are featuring in the first final for many years... both have rich Scottish League histories...

Leith probably favourites but Peebles on red-hot form.

Very intriguing.

Leith will win by a canter (3-0) unless half a dozen of their players get injured trying to get their kit on in which must now must be the smallest away cechanginsgrag room in senior football.ace

Football is all about opinions and if you think 3-0 to Leith thats fine but tyney 1874 i find your comments about Frankie Arthur a disgrace Frankie is a 37year old Midfielder who has an engine like no other He has dominated games for peebles all season and scored goals for fun To say he is not very good is an insult Lets not forget you played in a Kelso side beaten 8-0 by Peebles (NO disrespect to Kelso)

Football is all about opinions and if you think 3-0 to Leith thats fine but tyney 1874 i find your comments about Frankie Arthur a disgrace Frankie is a 37year old Midfielder who has an engine like no other He has dominated games for peebles all season and scored goals for fun To say he is not very good is an insult Lets not forget you played in a Kelso side beaten 8-0 by Peebles (NO disrespect to Kelso)

in fairness to tynie, he just has too much of what the cat licks its arse with. All the best Colin, keep the trophy in the borders

I was on another planet after ozturks piledriver, dribbling nonsense as usual lol

Didn't realise he came off at half time, remember he scored albeit through 1 of 3 defensive mistakes made in the first half.

just stop !!!!

Seen Peebles a couple of times this season and they have looked decent. Richardson and Young work well together at centre halves. Sutherland up front looks a decent striker and holds the ball up well, for midfield to support. Arthur seems to have a great engine, and provides the drive from midfield. John O'Hara has put together a decent team who are hard to beat.

Will be no easy game for Leith, that's for sure.

What sort of crowd are people anticipating, in particular from Peebles?

Cup finals are rare for clubs like Peebles. From what I see on social media, there's something of a cup fever going on in the town.

Maybe the local baker is baking a Rovers cake. Seriously, I think Rovers will have a healthy following on Sunday, with it being played only 6 miles down the road.

It may even attract a few Innerleithen folks to the game, though they may be supporting Leith, given the local rivalry.

Think I will pop along and give the Borders side my support.

Leith will win by a canter (3-0) unless half a dozen of their players get injured trying to get their kit on in which must now must be the smallest away changing room in senior football.

Told you Colin Mac won in a canter.

Leith were far to good for the Rovers, but they did give a decent account of themselves. Top of the Premier versus top of the first and it showed. Leith will get stronger and stronger with their conveyor belt of talent cominmg through the ranks and once LTHV and Tynie run out of cash they will be the major force in EOS fooball for years to come.

Archived