easter road tickets

Going to Edinburgh tomorrow and was hoping to go to the derby, went on to the hibs website but it says i cant buy a ticket for this game as its category A as ive never bought one for a category B game? Never been to easter road before, i know its not a sell out in the hibs end, does anyone know if i can just show up at the ground and buy a ticket?

According to the seat booker at Easter Rd, there should be around 8,000 seats to choose from, sadly, you need to have a purchase history with them to get a ticket, as Mr X says above, turn up outside the home end and you'll get someone punting a ticket I'd imagine, it happens at Tynie too for the derby matches, good luck.

According to the seat booker at Easter Rd, there should be around 8,000 seats to choose from, sadly, you need to have a purchase history with them to get a ticket, as Mr X says above, turn up outside the home end and you'll get someone punting a ticket I'd imagine, it happens at Tynie too for the derby matches, good luck.

Is it only for the derby you need a purchase history?

I think it's the category A games mate (Hearts, Celtic, Sevco), you can pretty much buy a ticket for any other game and get a purchase history I would imagine

Had no idea. I have a purchase history from going to the play off last season so logged on and got my ticket. Seems daft to not sell a seat if someone has no purchase history.

Don't know why they have this policy, the ground only ever been sold out once since new stand went up, only stoping themselves making money and denying neutrals chance to watch game ???

Polis don't want Hearts fans in the wrong end I believe.

Polis don't want Hearts fans in the wrong end I believe.

Can understand that but change the segregation for the cat A games and dish out more tickets to away fans. Some season ticket holders might have to move seats. Is that really such a big deal compared to the extra revenue?

Cheers for the replies, hopefully will get someone selling a ticket outside. From what I've heard there's gonna be about 7000 empty seats in the stadium tomorrow and their making it difficult for the likes of myself to give them £28 for a ticket. Mental!

Probably too late now but you should have just contacted the Hibs ticket office during the week.

I was planning to go to Edinburgh once on the weekend of a derby and fancied taking in the game as a neutral.

I emailed the Hibs ticket office, explained I was an Aberdeen fan but would there be any chance I could buy a ticket. They emailed back and said yes, just to phone up or drop by the stadium.

I didn't go in the end (shame, was the 6-2 game), but was pretty good customer service from the Hibees I thought.

Can understand that but change the segregation for the cat A games and dish out more tickets to away fans. Some season ticket holders might have to move seats. Is that really such a big deal compared to the extra revenue?

I'm sure the hibs board would love to do it; but their fan base would go into meltdown.

I'm sure the hibs board would love to do it; but their fan base would go into meltdown.

Back in the days of terracing we used to get the Dunbar (south) End and the southern end of the West Stand so that there were some seats for visiting supporters (I think a similar arrangement went for visitors to Tynecastle) so it wouldn't be totally unprecedented.

Archived