mark roberts

ayr

:lol::lol: :lol:

This the poorest we have played in years but we are still on a different plant to the juniors.

No idea how you think a team full of football league rejects are in any way shape or form going to be at a higher standard.

Now away back to the junior thicko foum :1eye

I presume you mean planet?

If so you're utterly deluded. I've only seen us twice this season and at no point did we look a cut above any leave of football. Plenty of junior teams would've taken us this season.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so you're utterly deluded. I've only seen us twice this season and at no point did we look a cut above any leave of football. Plenty of junior teams would've taken us this season.

Let's look at our results v Junior/highland league sides in recent years

Hurlford 3-5 Ayr

Ayr 2-1 Crusaders

Cumnock 0-5 Ayr

Girvan 0-3 Ayr

Ayr 5-0 Sunnybank

That's just of the top of my head. Fucking easy

It's really quite simple. I think he is a very good football manager who could manage a half baked cowboy outfit like Ayr.

I saw Ayr play recently and the standard was not in any way higher than any top junior team.

Has he ever managed in the senior leagues? It's all very well winning trophies for Auchinleck Talbot but it's a totally different standard.

Who would you say are a 'top' junior team? Cause i've seen Hurlford play this season and they were truly awful.

No they wouldn't have, next.

It's really quite simple. I think he is a very good football manager who could manage a half baked cowboy outfit like Ayr.

I saw Ayr play recently and the standard was not in any way higher than any top junior team.

which doesn't include your mob of straw chewin', sister lovin' hammer throwers

Yeah, Mark Roberts was in charge.

Look, I know very little about Junior football and, for all anyone knows, Sloan and Henderson could be the best football managers in the whole world who would prove this if given the opportunity at Ayr, Aberdeen, Arsenal.

But they haven't proven it in senior football, or in a situation comparable to Ayr United's. I'm struggling to think of any manager who has stepped up from the Juniors recently and done so.

Let's look at our results v Junior/highland league sides in recent years

Hurlford 3-5 Ayr

Ayr 2-1 Crusaders

Cumnock 0-5 Ayr

Girvan 0-3 Ayr

Ayr 5-0 Sunnybank

That's just of the top of my head. Fucking easy

We were clinging on to a 1-1 draw in Dundee against lochee utd, and by all accounts made heavy weather of the replay.

Ayr fans who think our division is a serious level above junior football is either completely deluded or simply hasn't seem enough junior football.

Ayr fans who think our division is a serious level above junior football is either completely deluded or simply hasn't seem enough junior football.

Or the more likely answer, you are wrong.

The best Junior side last year couldn't even beat Stirling in two attempts. What makes you think that worse Junior sides than Hurlford would beat a better side than Stirling?

The best Junior side last year couldn't even beat Stirling in two attempts. What makes you think that worse Junior sides than Hurlford would beat a better side than Stirling?

And the fright that Talbot gave Hearts a few years back?

Picking individual games doesn't prove anything.

Archived