mark roberts

ayr

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

08/05/08 - Dick Campbell (Forfar Athletic)

16/05/11 - Ally McCoist (Rangers)

07/10/11 - Jim McInally (Peterhead)

21/03/12 - Jim Jefferies (Dunfermline Athletic)

15/05/12 - Mark Roberts (Ayr United)

The fifth longest serving manager in Scottish football and has delivered nothing. Granted a lot of managers will have left their posts to take up better jobs, but there have been plenty that have been sacked from better performing teams.

The fifth longest serving manager in Scottish football and has delivered nothing. Granted a lot of managers will have left their posts to take up better jobs, but there have been plenty that have been sacked from better performing teams.

Given that McCoist, Jefferies & Roberts are all under pressure from the fans to go that leaves McInally and Campbell as being the best in the business. :thumsup2

***Waits for Morton fans to put McInally and Dick in the same sentence**** :shutup

What has he said?

Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to email, message or post on this FB page. I'm very aware of the current situation and the feelings of a large number of the support. I will be commenting on this and other things in the near future here on this page and most likely our website. I have not been ignoring the sentiments voiced by all of you in the communications, but rather have been in this world of constant and available communication holding fire for obvious reasons. I am in the position of being an employer and regardless of the fact that the company I work for has a very public and passionate support, I cannot comment on individual employees at this time but will be addressing the situation publicly in the near future. This will be my last comment until that time on this particular issue. In the meantime, please continue to voice your opinions via email or here (devoid of personal abuse preferably). One final thing: I have two facebook pages. This one where it is all things Ayr United and open for anyone and everyone to voice their opinions ( I accept friend requests from anyone who asks), and my personal one where many of you are also friends of mine. I would ask that anything regarding AUFC is posted here and not on my personal one. I do not want to unfriend everyone connected with AUFC who is friends with me on my personal page because of personal attacks or even general ones. That page is for personal friends etc. and for obvious reasons I can't have the types of posts that have been appearing on my personal page continuing. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to my next communication here soon. My intention is to make myself available for a "live" session pre-announced so that anyone who wants to can engage in a live conversation here directly with me. Thank you.

Apparently.

Could be reading too much into it but unless Roberts goes on a 10 match winning streak starting Saturday I think he's probably dust. Will be interesting to see how the "live" session pans out as well.

Vaguely encouraging. I can only hope that LC has accepted the inevitable and is working behind the scenes to source a suitable replacement. The premise of firing a manager then starting the laborious recruitment process is ridiculous, the club should be well down the road of appointing a successor as Roberts' marching orders are issued.

Lachlan's statement actually says nothing. And I fear will deliver even less.

Not sure you read it then

Lachlan Cameron

16 hrs ·

Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to email, message or post on this FB page. I'm very aware of the current situation and the feelings of a large number of the support. I will be commenting on this and other things in the near future here on this page and most likely our website. I have not been ignoring the sentiments voiced by all of you in the communications, but rather have been in this world of constant and available communication holding fire for obvious reasons. I am in the position of being an employer and regardless of the fact that the company I work for has a very public and passionate support, I cannot comment on individual employees at this time but will be addressing the situation publicly in the near future. This will be my last comment until that time on this particular issue. In the meantime, please continue to voice your opinions via email or here (devoid of personal abuse preferably). One final thing: I have two facebook pages. This one where it is all things Ayr United and open for anyone and everyone to voice their opinions ( I accept friend requests from anyone who asks), and my personal one where many of you are also friends of mine. I would ask that anything regarding AUFC is posted here and not on my personal one. I do not want to unfriend everyone connected with AUFC who is friends with me on my personal page because of personal attacks or even general ones. That page is for personal friends etc. and for obvious reasons I can't have the types of posts that have been appearing on my personal page continuing. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to my next communication here soon. My intention is to make myself available for a "live" session pre-announced so that anyone who wants to can engage in a live conversation here directly with me. Thank you.

Lachlan clearly says he will be commenting on the manager in the near future & will have a live session which I presume will be basically the same as the Q & A session he hosted last season but will take place on facebook instead.

When he extended his contract he basically said he'd met the criteria for an extension...which either meant

A.it was in his contract

b. He didn't want the hassle of looking for a manager because he had an "adequate" manager at the club

But he didn't really back him at the start of the season, only that he had raised the threshold of failure and measures would be taken etc. It would have been a lot easier for him to do what almost every other chairman would have done and kept the clauses quiet and then it would have looked like he'd sacked him rather than Roberts fcuking up sufficiently to be in breach of contract.

When he extended his contract he basically said he'd met the criteria for an extension...which either meant

A.it was in his contract

b. He didn't want the hassle of looking for a manager because he had an "adequate" manager at the club

But he didn't really back him at the start of the season, only that he had raised the threshold of failure and measures would be taken etc. It would have been a lot easier for him to do what almost every other chairman would have done and kept the clauses quiet and then it would have looked like he'd sacked him rather than Roberts fcuking up sufficiently to be in breach of contract.

Basically he's been given enough rope this season to either hang himself or swing to success. Easy way of getting rid of a manager without having the risk of tribunal.

Basically he's been given enough rope this season to either hang himself or swing to success. Easy way of getting rid of a manager without having the risk of tribunal.

Not handing him a new contract would have been easier...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the immanent announcement.

If Roberts is going then the club need to do something they haven't done for years an appointment a first class appointment. If 40k is the wage that surely would attract a great deal of interest. As was pointed out on the Honestpage Jimmy Floyd Hasslebank is managing down south on a the same wage !

Archived