Motherwell's Next Manager

267 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some Motherwell fans called for McCall's head last season after their Cup defeat to the Rovers and a 5-0 hammering to Celtic, and he spent the rest of the season proving why those fans were wrong.

To borrow a cliché, he should be bomb proof. He has proven his ability to rebuild a team time and time again: it's taking a little longer this time but as long as he doesn't get you relegated (he won't) the team will come good once more.

McGhee - you know it makes sense.

That's true in that we need someone to do exactly what McGhee did. At the fag end of Malpas's time, we were unfit, playing abysmal football and our players were going through the motions. McGhee somehow in the space of a close season turned out a team in absolutely peak condition and completely changed our style of play. For all all he gets a bit of a slagging generally - it's still the most impressive "new broom" that I've seen - the football in that first season was amongst the best I've seen from us and set the tone for our good few years.

I saw one of the sportswriters on twitter the other night saying that it was "mental" that some 'Well fans are calling for McCall's head given his record - and I can see where that piece of conventional wisdom comes from - but anyone that's seen us this season knows that things genuinely are at that point already. Only people that weren't paying attention last season would think that its a sudden, spectacular collapse rather than a logical progression from the mass exodus we suffered at the end of the season before. We simply can't sustain that loss of talent with f**k all in transfer fees to allow us to replace them - which is a simple strategic failure at board level and the lack of leadership when we are in this state is more concerning than what's happening on the pitch.

Motherwell as a club aren't renowned for sacking managers and there haven't been many supporter protests at the main door over the years - but the time for the ruthless streak to come out is soon and if results go to form (and especially yet another early cup exit) then we need to get someone in before the end of the year and the before the change window.

Top flight wins

McCall 60+ Hartley 3

@ home

McCall 30+ Hartley 0

Hope he stays put at the smaller club 8)

This post just indicates you have an obsession/bitterness with Dundee/Hartley more than anything else.

Archived