Johann Lamont quits

The Master

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true, I'd say she's "stepping down" before she's pushed.

Even during the referendum campaign it was clear that she was toast. The fact that the leader of Scottish Labour was posted missing throughout the entire campaign was nothing short of a disgrace. The party know it and the referendum probably saved her a bit longer, if only because punting her would've handed the Yes campaign a monumental opportunity to attack.

No obvious replacement springs to mind from the current bunch. Sarwar was rumoured to fancy the it, but he seems fairly hopeless as well. In terms of further afield, Brown is finished at Westminster (standing down in May) and Jim Murphy might fancy switching to the SP seeing as though his cabinet career appears to be over. Maybe one of those guys will be parachuted in.

Edit: BBC running with it. I think I can safely now remove the first few words of this post.

A few months ago I'd have said it was good news, as Labour really needs a better leader if they're to take on the SNP. But given Labour's disgraceful behaviour since then I'm happy for them to get blitzed at the next couple of elections, and Lamont was well on the road to achieving that.

Good I hope the whole left wing come down.They have spent to much of my and other people's money on there own egos.

That's how the left work(spend other people's money)utter cancers the lot of them.

She's also a Shitnat, just like you. Tough luck chump.

She's also a Shitnat, just like you. Tough luck chump.

No "tough luck" for me fella,the only luck you get in life is your own luck.Try it,take a gamble,put your house up and start a business.

Lives a gamble,if you lose,pick yourself back up and try again,and if you get knocked down again,keep on going.

It's quiet simple businesses sense.

Archived