Qp vs East Fife

Team are gelling and would say Gus has been changing things up to really see each players capabilities. Would not say any player has been inconsistent,and work rate plays a big part in a team getting results on the park. I go to games waiting on the next goal rather than worrying if the opposition are going to score,that's confidence in the players knowing they can defend very well, win the ball and push forward in the middle and we can create and score goals. I expect us to be capable of taking points of all teams including Arbroath if we play to our best, Arbroath are clear at the top which is no real surprise as is probably expected,but no team is unbeatable,Gus has the mentality one game at a time and mentors from the sidelines,great tactician and the results are there to see, I will repeat a top four finish and can actually see the gap between 1-3 being closer than some might think, I hope the team continues to keep us happy and hopefully keep up this run and aim for the playoffs. Come on queens park!!!! Oh and thanks for keeping the clowns patter well and truly to a minimum.

The players Queens Park have rebuilt with, is this mainly a result of your youth set up?

Heard a lot of good things about it. I know its attractive to a lot of kids & parents as they get a chance, good track record of producing players & nothing to stand in their way if another club come calling.

Just wondered if that's what makes up most of your team at the moment

The players Queens Park have rebuilt with, is this mainly a result of your youth set up?

Heard a lot of good things about it. I know its attractive to a lot of kids & parents as they get a chance, good track record of producing players & nothing to stand in their way if another club come calling.

Just wondered if that's what makes up most of your team at the moment

Only one starter yesterday came through the youth set-up. In the Spiers years it was heavily relied on and the testimonial list is incredible. So many players have moved on to bigger and better things. Just this month we have another player at U-16 in the Scotland squad.

It seems obvious now that when Gus had his interview, and we can assume the threat of relegation was on the agenda, he's dictated that he would do it his way. Virtually every new player this term has been brought up from the Juniors with only one signing having league experience (other than Duggan who's on loan). The Strollers, playing in the Development League, is now the bridge between Youth and First teams. Unfortunately we had got into the position where too many youngsters were in the first team and they didn't have enough support from some Auld Heids hence our collapse last year.

It is a terrific set-up though and the shiny new Lesser will help it even more.

I predicted we`de be lucky to finish in top 5 this season. Sadly it`s looking like i was right.

Becoming oh so predictable following this shambles.

Another season same old dross.

Clueless from the top, all the way down.

Disappointment always comes from expectation. If it's any comfort Stevo EF is the best team I've seen this season. If your forwards would focus on playing rather than moaning then that might help. Otherwise you're pretty solid. We played Arbroath early and maybe I'll change my view after our next league game but I wouldn't say top four is beyond you this year.

Nice set-up at Bayview, stadium and people, and a decent crowd through yesterday. EF have more going for it than some in this division.

PS. Have a word with the keeper would you. Looked like an extra from Barbarella yesterday :P

Only one starter yesterday came through the youth set-up. In the Spiers years it was heavily relied on and the testimonial list is incredible. So many players have moved on to bigger and better things. Just this month we have another player at U-16 in the Scotland squad.

It seems obvious now that when Gus had his interview, and we can assume the threat of relegation was on the agenda, he's dictated that he would do it his way. Virtually every new player this term has been brought up from the Juniors with only one signing having league experience (other than Duggan who's on loan). The Strollers, playing in the Development League, is now the bridge between Youth and First teams. Unfortunately we had got into the position where too many youngsters were in the first team and they didn't have enough support from some Auld Heids hence our collapse last year.

It is a terrific set-up though and the shiny new Lesser will help it even more.

I'd heard a number of SPL / Championship sides were losing out on youth players as the preference was Queen's Park. Hamilton & Motherwell are also quoted as having strong set ups favoured by parents.

So you've a policy of bringing in some of the better Junior players for experience with a developed youth policy. Sounds a good idea and familiar. I'm sure that was working for someone else at one time. Don't tell me, it'll come to me...... :(

From our point of view it was very similar to the Albion Rovers game without the un-enforced errors (first half anyway).

We were very slow out of the blocks and no arguments about the penalty that put us a goal behind, We then enjoyed a very decent spell of possession against the wind without creating too many opportunities bar the Ross Campbell effort that was cleared off the line. We had a shout for a pen just before that chance as Fash was clipped after he played Ross in but it was also an easy one to miss for the ref.

The second goal killed us. Against the run of play, but them's the rubs.

The second-half we were poor. QP didn't have to do anything more than provide stuffy opposition to secure the points after the break.

Frustrating stuff for us East Fife fans but I would keep the toys in the pram. We've got the players to get us into the top four. Let's dust ourselves down and get behind the boys.

As an aside, that was the most card happy referee I've seen for some time...

Doesn't look like we're doing too badly without Duggan today!

What you trying to say? :unsure:

Delighted that McPherson stepped up to show there is life up front without Duggan. Hopefully more of the same this coming Saturday when he’ll no doubt be leading the line again. McElroy is a joy to watch when he is on this game. Took his goal superbly and his run in the second half when he was skinning them down the right wing was highly entertaining. Good times, enjoying it while it lasts

Thought the ref was terrible for both sides. He wasn’t great in the first half but he seemed to totally lose the plot in the second. He could have got more help from the nearside linesman though who seemed reluctant to raise his flag to signal anything until the ref had made the decision for him

Another smashing result and performance. Although Duggan it more skilful I thing we actually looked like a better team with McPherson leading the line.

Plenty of candidates for MOTM - Berry especially deserves a mention - I really like his style.

Good to see that Miller has ditched the ridiculous boots, although I'm starting to think he should be hit with a Willie Mays Hayes style 20 push ups every time he sticks a corner into the first man!

Although Duggan it more skilful I thing we actually looked like a better team with McPherson leading the line.

mmmm..wouldn't say better but good to see his absence didn't make a difference on Saturday

Duggan has played 5 games of which we’ve won 4 and lost none. He’s only scored 1 goal but he’s set up plenty and his all round play and contribution has been pretty influential

Strikers generally score goals ,and while the team is doing well I certainly do not put it down to Duggan ,while he is a good player and holds the ball up well, I put the results down to Gus varying team selection in places to find his strongest team as a whole, and then the team working and gelling together to play to each other's strengths, .

I generally don't disagree with this. Just saying I think Duggan's quality made the difference when he came in ( we were struggling up front before that) and the good results have increased everyone else's confidence thus we are performing better. We certainly aren't a one man team and I was delighted that Ross McPherson showed on Saturday what he is capable of.

I generally don't disagree with this. Just saying I think Duggan's quality made the difference when he came in ( we were struggling up front before that) and the good results have increased everyone else's confidence thus we are performing better. We certainly aren't a one man team and I was delighted that Ross McPherson showed on Saturday what he is capable of.

Yes understand all opinions and agree we have been brighter, and Duggan has contributed , I also think the players now have an understanding of each others play, example being I think players know or can read exactly where a team mate may be at any given time during a game, and while Ciaron is pretty nippy and skilful he always has to be advised during the games from the dugout, believe he will eventually not need this, and can trouble the opposition ,miller/Fraser/berry are great, and important players for me, Wharton and the captain cannot remember name but solid and are great defenders, woods does his fair bit also and Ross will score more goals, in fact the whole team are still gelling and learning and are exciting to watch.

I sincerely wish them to continue to push every game and while there will be disappointments , I see a load of positivity and hunger to win, just so great to see.

Archived