It's all kicking off in Canada

I always forget how bloody loud guns are.

Anyway all this talk about Canadian bands and nothing about Neil Young or Leonard Cohen?

Away wi' yerels

Or Joni Mitchell?

We are in the midst of barbarians dear fellow.

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

It combines Soccer (kicking a soccer (football) ball) and baseball.  Makes perfect sense to me (plus I was raised in Quebec so that's what I learned as a child.

12 minutes ago, GnR989 said:

I'm not your guy, friend.

eh?

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It combines Soccer (kicking a soccer (football) ball) and baseball.  Makes perfect sense to me (plus I was raised in Quebec so that's what I learned as a child.

Wait. You use a soccer ball when playing kickball? Not a kickball?

Image result for kickball

I suppose a soccer ball would work if you are playing on an actual baseball field, but when I was a kid it was a 99% indoor game. Usually a basketball court. No way a soccer ball would work on that scale.

Apparently in Eastern Canada they call Worldy Cuppy 'One person goes in goals everyone else plays football in a knockout format by trying to score into that goal', they call Jingies 'Throw coins at the wall and try to get closest to the wall to win all the coins' and Kerby is 'Stand on the edge of the kerb and try to hit the other kerb by throwing the ball and then catch the ball as it bounces back and if you manage that stand in the middle of the road and try to hit the kerb and catch the ball as it bounces back again to win'.

They're good at snappy names for stuff no-one else plays, these Eastern Canadians.

Edited by The OP