It's all kicking off in Canada

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

So what do we think

Angry virgin?
Mad mullah?
Neo Nazi?

I guess the first category could easily also apply to the second and third but hey ho.

Mentally ill ex-army Frenchie is my guess

• 11 months later...
https://globalnews.ca/news/5712583/ontario-suspicious-bc-murder-suspects-manhunt/
Not sure if this has been in the news in the UK ...............

Yes ! The pigeons landed this morning, bringing us news that the RCMP couldn’t find their own arseholes.
That, or the young murderers have gone all Little Big Man.......(one for the oldsters ......)
[emoji50]

36 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yes ! The pigeons landed this morning, bringing us news that the RCMP couldn’t find their own arseholes.
That, or the young murderers have gone all Little Big Man.......(one for the oldsters ......)
emoji50.png

By all accounts they have white supremacist leaning so other than trying to hide out on reserves I doubt they would go full native.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

By all accounts they have white supremacist leaning so other than trying to hide out on reserves I doubt they would go full native.

If they are indeed trying to hide out in the woods of Northern Manitoba either the blackflies or the bears will get them before the RCMP can find them. July in the Canadian shield is the domain of the bitey insects.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the biggest stories in Canada at the moment is the Coastal GasLink Pipeline project and the protest blockade of this project on the Wet'suwet'en First Nation reserve in British Columbia. The RCMP (mounties) moved in on the protesters at the beginning of this month, arresting 21 of them. This sparked various protests and blockades around the country. One of the major blockades started February 6th by Mohawks who blocked the Via Rail (the national train network) line near Belleville between Toronto and Ottawa, they closed down pretty much the whole of Via Rail's network for most of February until they were removed and several arrested two days again. There have been several smaller blockades of train lines, ferries and bridges. 

Yesterday members of the Six Nations reserve blocked a GO Transit (Ontario commuter trains) line near Hamilton. At the same time protesters blocked another GO Line in Etobicoke near where I live, later in the day there was another blockade 10 minutes from my place. The difference between the Toronto protests and the Hamilton one made me laugh. While near Hamilton the protesters were actually First Nations people who seemed quite dignified, they sat on the tracks and lit some fires to stay warm. The Toronto protesters seemed like the worst of the SJW types, fat lassies with nose rings and dyed short hair, crusty white guys with dreads, all making sure they were live streaming their protest. The group call themselves Rising Tide Toronto, at one point last night they put out a tweet asking people to bring them blankets and phone chargers, they are now asking for donations for legal costs rather than asking their disappointed daddy to help them out. While the Mohawk blockade near Belleville lasted 18 days, the SJWs were cleared off the tracks at 3am this morning.

Un/fortunately there have been no blockades of the subway network yet and I've been able to get to work just fine everyday! Mon the Natives

9 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

My local LCBO. Proud doesn't cover it. 

Do you live under the Gardiner??

Toronto really is a different planet to the rest of Canada, morons will line up for anything that's new and will get them a few likes on social media. Lining up for the public transit however, not so much. I can not wait to move. 

• 3 months later...

Posted something about this in the Minnesota Riots thread but they are totally different things so posting here

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/siu-probing-death-of-woman-from-toronto-balcony

A week ago a woman, Regis Korchinski-Paquet, dies after falling from a 24th floor balcony. Police were there at the time attending a domestic dispute call from the mother of the woman. They meet the family in the hallway outside her apartment, the mother was insisting they take her daughter to CAMH (the local mental health facility) Regis says she needs to use the bathroom and officers accompany her back into her apartment. She then ends up falling to her death. The mother and cousin tell people that police officers pushed her off the balcony and an alarming amount of people that as the truth and final word on the subject. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/protest-toronto-regis-korchinski-paquet-1.5591745

Then yesterday this news story comes out

https://torontosun.com/news/crime/woman-blockaded-balcony-door-before-deadly-fall-sources

Now it's not an official statement and just comes from "sources" but seems a little more plausible than police officers pushing a woman off a balcony. It's just mental how many SJW types seemed almost delighted that they now had a homegrown cause to get behind. 

I can not wait to move. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Is Toronto that bad? My friend loves it there and it's always made me think about moving.

If you have a lot of money, Toronto can be a great place. Plenty to do and see, a fantastic variety of culture and cuisine. Usually a decent job market. 

But there are a lot of shite points to it, the public transit makes me miss Scotrail, awful drivers, the price of renting an apartment is high, the price of buying a house makes it pretty much impossible. A lot of the people are total p***ks (typical of most big cities tbf), the stereotype of the overly polite friendly Canadian does not apply in Toronto. Gun crime is fairly bad. I've been here 6 years and the novelty of big city life has worn off for me. I'm hoping next year to move to a quieter town and commute.  

Just now, welshbairn said:

Where to? That whole family should be taken to the CAMH.

Somewhere in the Peel or Halton area, Milton would be nice or maybe the London area as I could move to our company's office there. Looked at Oshawa/Ajax area, it's cheap but it's also a bit grime. 

If you have a lot of money, Toronto can be a great place. Plenty to do and see, a fantastic variety of culture and cuisine. Usually a decent job market. 
But there are a lot of shite points to it, the public transit makes me miss Scotrail, awful drivers, the price of renting an apartment is high, the price of buying a house makes it pretty much impossible. A lot of the people are total p***ks (typical of most big cities tbf), the stereotype of the overly polite friendly Canadian does not apply in Toronto. Gun crime is fairly bad. I've been here 6 years and the novelty of big city life has worn off for me. I'm hoping next year to move to a quieter town and commute.  

My best mate lives in the beaches and he loves it, although he eventually wants to move more rural nearer his wife’s family who live just outside Barrie. He rents a one bedroom apartment for about $2000 a month, and the apartment is worth something like $750k. Last time I was over we went a walk with his dug, and he was pointing out the houses for sale in his street, most of which were in the $2 million + price bracket.

At the beginning of the year, he suggested working from home 2 or 3 days a week to his bosses who were reluctant. Once lockdown kicked in, him and his wife fucked off to the in-laws in the country where he continued to work from home, coming into the city 1 day a week. He’s basically told them it’s perfectly doable and thinks they’re coming round to the idea. Also, he was saying that for less than a 1 bed apartment in the beaches, he could buy a 4 bedroom house with loads of land just outside Barrie.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

Somewhere in the Peel or Halton area, Milton would be nice or maybe the London area as I could move to our company's office there. Looked at Oshawa/Ajax area, it's cheap but it's also a bit grime. 

Oshawa is pretty fucking sketchy.  I had friends who lived out there for a bit and have not heard rave reviews, the Hamilton of east GTA