It's all kicking off in Canada

I too have been to Toronto and haven't been shot either to the best of my knowledge (although if I have then I think people are just making a big deal out of it).

I've also been to Nova Scotia twice and haven't even been stabbed, never mind shot, yet they have the bloody nerve to call themselves 'New Scotland'.  

Lived in Toronto just over 4 years now, still have not been shot. There was  a murder outside my old house in 2015, I woke up after hearing a loud argument, followed by some really loud bangs, then a lot of screaming and shouting. Looked outside and saw a girl laying on the ground. A Police officer was there very soon after trying to resuscitate her, followed by dozens of other cops as there were already a lot in the other area due to shooting at a nearby nightclub just before that. The girl died and as yet both murders are unsolved.   https://globalnews.ca/news/2145968/multiple-victims-after-shooting-near-muzik-nightclub/

This year is the worst so far for shootings since I moved here, 224 incidents this year, 27 deaths by shooting. With the exception of the shootings in Greektown last night, most seem to be targeted shooting, so I've never felt particularity unsafe. I still intend to move out of the city in the next few years though. 

I have fired a gun once, in a gravel pit on my friend's reserve up north, good fun even if I was a terrible shot.  

13 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Lived in Toronto just over 4 years now, still have not been shot. There was  a murder outside my old house in 2015, I woke up after hearing a loud argument, followed by some really loud bangs, then a lot of screaming and shouting. Looked outside and saw a girl laying on the ground. A Police officer was there very soon after trying to resuscitate her, followed by dozens of other cops as there were already a lot in the other area due to shooting at a nearby nightclub just before that. The girl died and as yet both murders are unsolved.   https://globalnews.ca/news/2145968/multiple-victims-after-shooting-near-muzik-nightclub/

This year is the worst so far for shootings since I moved here, 224 incidents this year, 27 deaths by shooting. With the exception of the shootings in Greektown last night, most seem to be targeted shooting, so I've never felt particularity unsafe. I still intend to move out of the city in the next few years though. 

I have fired a gun once, in a gravel pit on my friend's reserve up north, good fun even if I was a terrible shot.  

The cop in that video is what I imagine Kevin James, Adam Sandler, Brad Garrett would look like if they were all mixed together. 

Edited by Kejan

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I too have been to Toronto and haven't been shot either to the best of my knowledge (although if I have then I think people are just making a big deal out of it).

I've also been to Nova Scotia twice and haven't even been stabbed, never mind shot, yet they have the bloody nerve to call themselves 'New Scotland'.  

How were the buses?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

How were the buses?

Nobody with any self-respect travels by bus in North America.

Eta:  it's this sort of recklessness that will actually get a man shot, but at least a Canadian will apologise for doing it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nobody with any self-respect travels by bus in North America.

Eta:  it's this sort of recklessness that will actually get a man shot, but at least a Canadian will apologise for doing it.

Public transport in North America is the worst in the developed world, and most of the 3rd world, but the long distance buses are ok, better than most of the trains anyway.

The cost of car insurance if you have an address in the city, constant heavy traffic in and out of the GTA and cost of/lack of parking downtown means using public transport is very common in Toronto, there does tend to be a hierarchy when it comes to the class of passengers though, subway tends to be the best, maybe because it's the hardest to sneak on to, there are hardly any jakies, followed by streetcars (trams) then buses are the lowest of the low. If you don't live near a subway or streetcar line you may as well live in the country

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Oh well, if you insist.

excellent - might have to track down all the apposite clips from tribe, the girlfriend experience and the land girls now, to see if i remember them correctly...8)

Edited by Herman Hessian