Stirling v Airdrie

Last weeks villain was this weeks hero as there is no doubt that Reidford earned us the point today. I was actually stunned that he never got the Sponsors Man of the Match but there you go.

Plenty of heart, fight and spirit today and I thought for that alone we deserved our point, although Airdrie probably should have taken all 3. Our back 4 just don't look comfortable and are extremely soft, neither of Airdie's goals would of happened if we had commending players. However, that's not to say they played badly, in fact Smith, Wedderburn, Hamilton & Forsyth can all hold their heads high this evening.

I thought in Midfield that Sandy Cunningham was once again fantastic and just never stopped running but again Weir and Crainey just offered nothing when all the ball and were slow in support. Maybe a little harsh on James because the lad O'Neil did play well against him.

What an absolute blinder by Dale Fulton though and one that'll be there or there abouts for Goal of the Season but actually a lot of credit has to go to Steven Doris for chasing a ball that many thought was a loss cause.

After today there is no doubt in my mind that Doris & Gordon Smith are our best front pairing, sure they weren't brilliant but they were effective and with time and work I witnessed signs that those 2 can click and I thought they were encouraging.

No doubt that if we play like that most weeks, and add a few improvements to the squad, we'll not be a million miles away from safety come the end of the season.

Everyone is saying Fraser's goals have been "stunners". They've both been crosses that have been looking for touches and have just bounced straight through.

While not stunners of the 30 yard volley into the top corner variety I think you're being a tad unfair.

He knew what he was doing, aiming the ball for the far bottom corner while letting it bounce in the 6 yard box. The keeper can't commit because he's waiting on someone getting a touch and when nobody does its placed far enough away he can't reach it. They were both excellent free kicks and both quite deliberate.

Watching the highlights, two things struck me.

1) Airdries away kit is REALLY awful.

2) Dale Fultons goal is real contender for Goal of the Season. I was at the game and it was obviously a great strike but it looks even better on the video!

Archived