ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inverness, St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock should feel utterly ashamed.

Can't speak for the others, but if anything was to underline how shite we were at the weekend, that was it. I felt I could have been justifiably accused of sour grapes had I said (as I felt) that the better of two shit teams won, but I think tonight kinda backs up my theory.

On the bright side, we should cheer up some Thistle fans at the weekend. :(

Not read any of this since seeing result, so I'm assuming The forces sweethearts were down to 9 men for the second half then :lol:

f**k last update I had was 0-2 with 20mins to go :lol:

I just went and checked that and it is actually true. Well done Dee Man...i didn't think it was possible for me to feel any more pissed off than i did but you proved me wrong.

You could've thrown Angela Merkel and Putin in there as well before he graciously agreed to half his salary last year.

that's your answer!!. :huh:

so you think alloa's win tonight is not worth a mention on the bbc?.

its all about rangers in the diddy world. :rolleyes:

What, any time there's an upset in a diddy competition then it has to be mentioned on the national news?

It's either that or the BBC had the welfare of Sevconians wives in mind this evening.

Forgot this game was on tonight.

Same here actually. Only reason I realised was because I had a moment of panic thinking that Brechin's cup replay was tonight so checked the red button and saw the challenge cup section instead. Our game is of course next Wednesday FFS. :ph34r:

:thumsup2

BREAKING: "I won't quit" - Ally McCoist.
Rangers deserved to lose to Alloa but I won't quit says Ally McCoist.
Ally McCoist says Rangers got what they deserved in their Challenge Cup semi-final loss to Alloa but vowed not to quit as manager despite his team throwing away a two-goal lead.
Goals from Kenny Miller and Dean Shiels looked like sending the Ibrox side through to a final date with Livingston next April.
But Championship rivals Alloa hit back through a double from Greig Spence either side of a Ryan McCord goal.
It was another damaging cup defeat during McCoist's three-and-a-half year reign as boss.
With his side trailing Hearts by nine points in the league, the Light Blues boss was asked if he would step down from his position.
He said: "No I'm too concentrated on the game here.
"My decision is to look at the performance tonight, particularly after we went 2-0 up, then sit down with the boys and go through it.
"It won't be a pleasant meeting but it has to be done and it will be done."
A section of the Rangers support voiced their displeasure at the boss during his team's 2-0 defeat to Hearts at Tynecastle in November and many expressed their feelings at full-time at the Indodrill Stadium.
"I share their disappointment," said McCoist. "They are entitled to a few choice comments. But there is a long way to go in the season and we will fight tooth and nail to get the club back to where we belong."
Alloa had secured two draws against Rangers on league duty this season and McCoist was far from happy with the professionalism shown by his squad late in the game.
Asked about his team's performance in Clackmannanshire, he added: "We got what we deserved.
"We took our eye of the ball and lost some really sloppy goals.
"We were aware how difficult it would be after coming here earlier in the season and them holding us to a 1-1 draw. They then hit us with a late equaliser at Ibrox.
"It is not as if we didn't know what to expect. But the real disappointing thing is that after being 2-0 up we couldn't see the game out.
"I didn't say an awful lot after the game - I will save that for the next few days.
"I'm not sure if there was a lack of character but there was certainly a lack of professionalism to see the game out from a great position. We should be able to see the game out.
"We switched off at a couple of crosses. We lost men at attacks, we turned our back on set-plays. They were allowed to take a quick throw for the second.
"It's about professionalism - taking responsibility to do your job."

its going to be all over the back pages of the scottish newspapers tomorrow so yes.

Privately owned newspapers who seek to target a specific group as opposed to publicly funded broadcaster that provides media to everybody.

P&J's back page will probably run with something Aberdeen related as always btw.

I think Ashley will take the decision away from him tbh.

Btw, McCoist earns more than David Cameron and Barack Obama combined :lol:

Bizarre!

I do think though Cameron or Obama would probably have been able to win the Challenge Cup as manager of The Rangers at least once in the last 3 years :D!

Fk me, it was Alloa's reserve team too :lol:

Not quite but Marr, Tiffoney, Holmes, Simmons and Cawley would all have been starters and were missing tonight. Flannigan would have been on the bench if fit.

The Ragers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there an actual good source on that?

I just googled it and found a link that said the US Presidents salary was doubled in 2012 to $400,000 and i know the PM gets nothing near that. Considering McCoist is on £800,000 + bonus i think it is fair to say that it's true

Archived