ALLOA VS NEW RANGERS SEMI TIE

Wasps1

Only a bigger game if you assume we're going to lose tomorrow night.

A home game against one of the other part-time teams in the Championship is bigger than a Challenge Cup semi-final tie. If I was offered a win and a defeat in our next two games we'd be three points better off in the league at 5pm on Saturday. Football of course doesn't work like that and as much as I'd like to win both games, we could just as easily lose both.

I do think we'll lose tomorrow night however, especially with our squad so depleted at the moment, but I'd never 'assume' this team will get beaten...especially after some of the results we've already had this season.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a bigger game if you assume we're going to lose tomorrow night.

Can't say that I'm in that camp. This team deserves a cup win, and they'll get it if they hit their best form.

'Mon the Wasps :thumsup2

And let's be honest, we always lose to Dumbarton whatever the circumstances so what chance do we have after our recent hectic schedule and with half the squad injured? Tomorrow night is the bigger game!

Very tough assignment for Alloa with so many players out, just days after a hard cup match with Hibs and then the boys have to do days work before the game too. There is always the worry in these circumstances that we could get a real going over and if we lose an early goal I would be concerned. Realistically if the team give a similar effort to Saturday and push Rangers all the way like they did to Hibs then that would be a very commendable outcome. Anything more than that would be pretty special.

I've cracked this one before, but I very much have a Petrofac Semi :thumsup2

Very excited about the 'morra. Been a long time since there's a been a cup run like this, so it's very much to be enjoyed, no matter the outcome.

And I've got faith that they can pull off something special ;)

Expecting a lot of the non-first team players to feature for this game and a 3-0 win.

The game is not important. Win or lose I'm not bothered.

I am bothered. Maybe the competition isn't so important but if we're taking part we should be aiming to win.

Exactly K, I want to see the team compete and try to get as far in every competition they play in, its called competitive sport, all this not bothered if we get knocked out and its only a diddy cup is the shite that Hibs and Hearts fans use as a comfort blanket after they get pumped.

Teds, the recurring phrase, as you know, is "papped oot" and I will be grumpy as f**k if Alloa and the assembled coterie of diddies use that against us tomorrow.

I would be bothered about the Challenge Cup if Rangers were out of the League Cup, the Scottish Cup and weren't 9 points behind Hearts. :)

I don't think it's a coincidence Rangers' Championship challenge has stalled whilst the team is competing for 4 trophies.

At the end of the day the top teams have be selective in what tournaments they really want to win, and that is to make sure the team is best prepared for what will bring the most cash to the club.

That's not to say the teams don't want to win all the tournaments they are involved in. It's simply a case of being smart and making sure the best players are ready for the most important games.

I would be bothered about the Challenge Cup if Rangers were out of the League Cup, the Scottish Cup and weren't 9 points behind Hearts. :)

I don't think it's a coincidence Rangers' Championship challenge has stalled whilst the team is competing for 4 trophies.

At the end of the day the top teams have be selective in what tournaments they really want to win, and that is to make sure the team is best prepared for what will bring the most cash to the club.

That's not to say the teams don't want to win all the tournaments they are involved in. It's simply a case of being smart and making sure the best players are ready for the most important games.

But you'll be playing the game tonight then if you win only one more game in this cup at the end of the season, just getting excuses out the way IMO. As all other Rangers supporters are saying if you're playing in it you must compete. Saying that this game couldn' have come at a worse time for us and I fear the worst. I really hope Barry Smith is taking a little influence from Jose Mourinho and all these guys that are supposed to be injured turn out okay

Fast Eddie is now a doubt suffering with flu. We are really struggling here, I reckon we will have half a bench again.

Cracking opportunity for the weans, but. Maybe a late appearance for Scotty Hynd or big Russell?

Will actually be interesting to see what the attendance is like. Midweek Challenge Cup game on what feels likely to be a fucking freezing night. Probably be sold out of Bovril by half-time :shutup

The fact that rangers got to dictate this tie at their own demand is baffling though imagine alloa hadn't played their quarter final before the semi draw and said "it's fine we'll just play the game on x date" we'd be told to gtf

Cracking opportunity for the weans, but. Maybe a late appearance for Scotty Hynd or big Russell?

Will actually be interesting to see what the attendance is like. Midweek Challenge Cup game on what feels likely to be a fucking freezing night. Probably be sold out of Bovril by half-time :shutup

Hynd wasn't even on the bench on sat so I doubt he will feature. He wouldn't stand a chance against the rangers back 4.

I might bring my boots along to fill the bench out.

The fact that rangers got to dictate this tie at their own demand is baffling though imagine alloa hadn't played their quarter final before the semi draw and said "it's fine we'll just play the game on x date" we'd be told to gtf

We all know by now that The Rangers play when they want :P

Most baffling thing in recent years about the Challenge Cup is this thing of getting everything finished before Christmas, then playing the final in April. Poor Raith might've stood a chance if the final had been played in 2013, but by April their form was...

...ah. Never mind.

Hynd wasn't even on the bench on sat so I doubt he will feature. He wouldn't stand a chance against the rangers back 4.

I might bring my boots along to fill the bench out.

f**k aye, if you're better than wee Scotty :P

one thing is certain, I will be getting balls deep in that KFC next door to the ground :lol:

It's quite disturbing how many matches for 'KFC Sex' there are on Google.

For the love of God, wait 'til it cools down first :o

We all know by now that The Rangers play when they want

I wish somebody would tell the Rangers players when they are playing Alloa as they haven't turned up for either game so far this season.

Archived