Spartans v Clyde

First of all congratulations to Spartans who thoroughly deserved their win today.

Secondly I would like to say....Mr Alexander & Super Barry....please stop.You are an embarrassment to our great club.

Lastly. To all the haters....keep the slagging coming. f**k them all - as our song goes. :-)

Clyde til I die !!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can pass the ball about all we want...if there's no end product then what's the bloody point?!

Absolute gutless performance.

Frances is a clumsy b*****d, McIlduff is absolutely terrible... he can't go back to Celtic quick enough.

We played 4 central midfielders today, with Smith the tallest and most physical out wide left...great tactics there Barry.

There was no penetration or creativity going forward which is worrying as Spartans really are a team we should be beating.

I fear for this season, I really do.

Ps...there's f**k all wrong with your ankle Barry...you're fooling no one.

It must be pretty galling for you that you are always slagging Clyde off for being so terrible and Morton took Duffy off us to be the manager.

Well not really: he's still an utterly God-awful manager, yet is somehow a much, much better option than the clueless dunce you replaced him with. Given your humiliation today compared to our dross replay it's not even a contest. Which must be what Spartans were saying this evening, against that pub team shambles that you challenged them with.

Enjoy the bottom half of the Lowland League, chumps.

We didn't lose to Spartans. We drew 1-1 and beat them 5-0 at Broadwood in the replay. We lost 1-0 to Fraserburgh in the 1990s (1997 I think) and of course lost at Nairn a couple of years back.

Apologies, it was Queens Park that Spartans defeated 3-2, not Clyde

Don't worry lads - None of this was Ferguson's fault and he has a plan:

“They are lucky January’s two months away. That is not the team that I train and set up. No chance. That’s bottom-of-the-league material that. I’m not accepting it. I need to go with under-20s until the start of January. Then I can make a lot of changes.”

They are lucky Januarys two months away. That is not the team that I train and set up. No chance. Thats bottom-of-the-league material that. Im not accepting it. I need to go with under-20s until the start of January. Then I can make a lot of changes.

Where did he say that?

“They are lucky January’s two months away. That is not the team that I train and set up. No chance. That’s bottom-of-the-league material that. I’m not accepting it. I need to go with under-20s until the start of January. Then I can make a lot of changes.”

Priceless. Clueless but priceless.

Even from afar it hurts to see what has happened to the club under Alexander's stewardship.

Give the name away, split the support, run the club down to its lowest ever position, bad mouth the club and fans. Why has the clown got away with all of that?

Clearing debt is the only positive and I am not even 100% that, that was done the most efficient way.

Is it the case that only the yes men remain and all the fans who had fight have long stopped attending?

I truely cannot believe he has got away with this any other chairman would have been hounded out. His record is much worse than any managers has ever been, yet he is getting an easy ride. :(

Jesus just when i thought getting ko.d by non league teams would come to an end one day

Suppose writing on wall when experianced OD tellin CHs to put it long after 20mins and crowd getting on defenders back whem really midfield and in front hiding from ownership

We severley lack pace (Mccolm & mccluskey) and fight (Sweeney)Without this were always going to struggle espically at this level to break teams down or come back from goal down

Leaving Michael daly out yesterday and other weeks not helping either for his aerial ability and im no coach or tactical genius but if BF cant see what i can were in deep trouble

Well done Spartans,Better of two bad teams and hope you ger decent draw next round,My head hurts and hope a few in pink yesterday feel same but i doubt it

Finially we finished with 10players that BF brought in which makes his media comments confusing considering the team he broke up were one game away from promotion,Perhaps someone from club would like to BF that telling fans to fuk off isnt on when pethaps an apology for defeat would be more appropriate & while there at it get the pink the strip to fuk aswell thanks

OYF :lol:

Over-reaction of the century.

Getting tanked 8-1 at Ibrox was much worse than this, and to Barry's credit he changed things about after that and we've started to see results. It seems to me that there are Clyde fans out there who want Barry to fail because of his reputation as a player. Yesterday was a shock result, you'd think by some of the nonsense on here Clyde are the only team in the history of the Scottish Cup to be at the wrong end of a cup upset :lol:. The real test for us is trying to forget about it and focus on the next game.

All some people seem to talk about is how the board and the standard of football are driving fans away, but at this rate it's the perpetual doom and gloom from our supporters that's making me think twice about what I'm doing on a Saturday.

Over-reaction of the century.

Getting tanked 8-1 at Ibrox was much worse than this, and to Barry's credit he changed things about after that and we've started to see results. It seems to me that there are Clyde fans out there who want Barry to fail because of his reputation as a player. Yesterday was a shock result, you'd think by some of the nonsense on here Clyde are the only team in the history of the Scottish Cup to be at the wrong end of a cup upset :lol:. The real test for us is trying to forget about it and focus on the next game.

All some people seem to talk about is how the board and the standard of football are driving fans away, but at this rate it's the perpetual doom and gloom from our supporters that's making me think twice about what I'm doing on a Saturday.

It's perhaps true that yesterday wasn't a huge cup shock. Let's face it, we're not that much better than Lowland League, if we even are. But that's why I'd argue that yesterday was more worrying than the Rangers game. Nobody is saying we should be competing with Rangers, but we should be competing at this level.

I'm still prepared to give him a bit more time, but I'm getting concerned if he's going to start arguing with fans. I'm also concerned about his comments in the Scotsman. If he's going to make loads of changes in January, then that's essentially three teams' worth of players we'll have gone through in one season. It's surely a mark of a good manager that you can work with the players you've got. And, in any case, who are all these better players he's going to bring in?

Which brings me on to my next point. If it's true that BF has been spending his own money on players, then you surely need to ask why he isn't getting the most out of players he felt were worth his own money. Surely if was happy to invest then he must've thought they were half-decent. So either you've got a management problem or a scouting problem.

If it's true that he's investing money, doesn't that indeed leave us in the same situation as we were with Brown, who was supposedly funded by a variety of wealthy friends, meaning that it was harder for us to sack him?

As I say, I'm not panicking yet, but things are more worrying than they were before - not necessarily only because of yesterday's result.

Gonnae somebody clarify what happened with Ferguson and the fan today please? It must've been a lot more than just a throwaway comment by him for him to get sent off. Surely there could be some ramifications.

I can only say what I know from others.

He told a fan to "shut up and f**k off"

Same fan who allegedly is a helper of the club. How to alienate people in one fell swoop. His Dad is fuming and will likely result in some kind of complaint. It was also spoken about on Radio.

Who's gonna were the bull suit now?

It's perhaps true that yesterday wasn't a huge cup shock. Let's face it, we're not that much better than Lowland League, if we even are. But that's why I'd argue that yesterday was more worrying than the Rangers game. Nobody is saying we should be competing with Rangers, but we should be competing at this level.

I'm still prepared to give him a bit more time, but I'm getting concerned if he's going to start arguing with fans. I'm also concerned about his comments in the Scotsman. If he's going to make loads of changes in January, then that's essentially three teams' worth of players we'll have gone through in one season. It's surely a mark of a good manager that you can work with the players you've got. And, in any case, who are all these better players he's going to bring in?

Which brings me on to my next point. If it's true that BF has been spending his own money on players, then you surely need to ask why he isn't getting the most out of players he felt were worth his own money. Surely if was happy to invest then he must've thought they were half-decent. So either you've got a management problem or a scouting problem.

If it's true that he's investing money, doesn't that indeed leave us in the same situation as we were with Brown, who was supposedly funded by a variety of wealthy friends, meaning that it was harder for us to sack him?

As I say, I'm not panicking yet, but things are more worrying than they were before - not necessarily only because of yesterday's result.

A very similar situation. Didn't Brown do similar in an interview after a match and get his jotters?

Archived