Word of warning to all St Mirren supporters

Buddies, rivalry apart...

You guys are in grave danger here! and I speak from experiance after the past few months us Honestmen and Bonnie Lassies have witnessed.

Hugh Clarke may sound like he's splashing the cash, you might see his corporate logo all over the place, he might well come up with mouth watering initiatives that will make you think he is the best thing since slice bread.

We have seen someone go from being the biggest Ayr United supporter in the land, to being what in my opinion can only be described as being a cowboy.

He's running a company with Kenny Shiels daughter in charge of the marketing department and seems very cash happy throwing his money about to please local communities than concentrating on his bread and butter company. His ultimate goal? I have no idea, but running a football club seems to be high up there.If he doesnt get his way, nastyness will follow as experianced tonight, I have some screen shots I shall share if required,

GIve the fans hope and try and turn them against the current regime seems to be their goal. Ryanair would be proud of the measures they take to find attention. Pick up all the perks while they are offering the world, where will it end up... disaster, if whats believed they dont have the finance to support their big egos.

Please do not give this guy your support if he attempts to barge his way into your club.

Kind Regards

Diege

Honestman and Football supporter

Edited by diege

You guys are in grave danger here! and I speak from experiance after the past few months us Honestmen and Bonnie Lassies have witnessed.

Hugh Clarke may sound like he's splashing the cash, you might see his corporate logo all over the place, he might well come up with mouth watering initiatives that will make you think he is the best thing since slice bread.

We have seen someone go from being the biggest Ayr United supporter in the land, to being what in my opinion can only be described as being a cowboy.

He's running a company with Kenny Shiels daughter in charge of the marketing department and seems very cash happy throwing his money about to please local communities than concentrating on his bread and butter company. His ultimate goal? I have no idea, but running a football club seems to be high up there.If he doesnt get his way, nastyness will follow as experianced tonight, I have some screen shots I shall share if required,

GIve the fans hope and try and turn them against the current regime seems to be their goal. Ryanair would be proud of the measures they take to find attention. Pick up all the perks while they are offering the world, where will it end up... disaster, if whats believed they dont have the finance to support their big egos.

Please do not give this guy your support if he attempts to barge his way into your club.

Kind Regards

Diege

Pics or it didn't happen.

Kind Regards

Diege

Obviously it's well known the club is for sale. We also know that ( someone) has been purchasing shares on the open market.

It's mostly speculation but word is the potential buyer wants 75% or more holding in the club.

This is the first time I for one have heard the name Hugh Clarke mentioned as will most other Saints fans.

All we know to date is that talks are going on and not went any further than that.

As a supporter you have to ask - Why would anyone want to buy a club such as St Mirren for 2 million. Whoever it is not going to pump in money for no return. The only way you get a return from Saints is back from the club. A club the size of Saints can ill afford such a cost without it affecting the player budget.

Certainly there are void spaces in the main stand that could be used to generate money but not enough to cover 2 million , this is my opinion. I'm worried no matter who the buyer is simply because we have diehards running the club for a long time now as such the club is run the right way. If a penny does not come in a penny does not go out.

Could you elaborate on Hugh Clarke a wee bit more. Take you have heard he is interested in purchasing St Mirren.

The guy is bad news and he is trying to buy St Mirren

We knocked him back the other day

He took to his companies facebook page to go mental.

They have subsequently had to delete this facebook page (which was becoming plastered with St Mirren stuff during the rage)

post-21687-0-52548200-1414353527_thumb.j

post-21687-0-11721900-1414353529_thumb.j

post-21687-0-63636800-1414353533_thumb.j

post-21687-0-34662700-1414353531_thumb.j

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=36891

I noticed his advertising board for the first time yesterday, assumed I was only aware of it because I'd read the Ayr takeover thread the other day - glad to see it's only recently been in place and I'm not blind!

He doesn't seem to be a dodgy bloke, which is a bonus, but some of his plans for Ayr seemed laughably unrealistic. If he can't convince your chairman to sell to him how on earth is he going to manage to buy us when t would require a lot more cash and a lot more convincing? Where has it come out he's trying to buy us?

Dunno if it'll make much difference but I finally got round to joining SMiSA earlier. The more Saints fans that do the better - costs as little as £2 a month.

Edited by Stu

I noticed his advertising board for the first time yesterday, assumed I was only aware of it because I'd read the Ayr takeover thread the other day - glad to see it's only recently been in place and I'm not blind!

He doesn't seem to be a dodgy bloke, which is a bonus, but some of his plans for Ayr seemed laughably unrealistic. If he can't convince your chairman to sell to him how on earth is he going to manage to buy us when t would require a lot more cash and a lot more convincing? Where has it come out he's trying to buy us?

Dunno if it'll make much difference but I finally got round to joining SMiSA earlier. The more Saints fans that do the better - costs as little as £2 a month.

I think he is dodgy tbh

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/910307094

On that same Facebook page in the middle of the Clarks meltdown someone had put a photo up of Clark in his car outside St Mirrens ground and suggested he's now buying St Mirren instead of Ayr.It aslo suggested he had been at the ground for talks for 2 weeks.The page is back up and the Ayr fallout is still going on.

https://www.facebook.com/restora.roof.5?fref=ts

On that same Facebook page in the middle of the Clarks meltdown someone had put a photo up of Clark in his car outside St Mirrens ground and suggested he's now buying St Mirren instead of Ayr.It aslo suggested he had been at the ground for talks for 2 weeks.The page is back up and the Ayr fallout is still going on.

https://www.facebook.com/restora.roof.5?fref=ts

He recently bought an advertising hoarding at SMP - perhaps he was there for that reason. One facebook photo OUTSIDE OUR STADIUM IN HIS CAR and this rumour sprouts wings - Jings slow news month right enough.

• 7 years later...
On 26/10/2014 at 20:09, itzdrk said:

The guy is bad news and he is trying to buy St Mirren

We knocked him back the other day

He took to his companies facebook page to go mental.

They have subsequently had to delete this facebook page (which was becoming plastered with St Mirren stuff during the rage)

post-21687-0-52548200-1414353527_thumb.j

post-21687-0-11721900-1414353529_thumb.j

post-21687-0-63636800-1414353533_thumb.j

post-21687-0-34662700-1414353531_thumb.j

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=36891

He’s back and been not paying sponsorship to clubs such as Falkirk fc and Livingston . Noticed he has been in and around your club again also !

10 hours ago, Massimo said:

He’s back and been not paying sponsorship to clubs such as Falkirk fc and Livingston . Noticed he has been in and around your club again also !

They were back of shirt sponsors last season and have apparently not paid us a penny. Unlike Falkirk though, our stake was a lot smaller as he was not the main shirt sponsor and I've heard we've more or less written off any chance of seeing a penny.

We don't have them on this season's kits but we do still have two billboards behind the goals bearing their name which if they are not paying for, should be removed pronto. 

Edited by djchapsticks

On 16/07/2022 at 08:21, Sergeant Wilson said:

Clark with an e added is a sure sign of allegiance to Papacy.

I fact checked that against the Census Data and it checks out 

1901 Census Scotland: CLARK 22816, CLARKE 1922 
1901 Census Ireland: CLARK 1037, CLARKE 13684