Dumbarton v Rangers

It would be relatively easy to restrict ticket sales to people who attend Dumbarton games. Print a voucher in the matchday programme prior to the Cat A game or take names from fans interested in purchasing a ticket at the game prior to the Cat A match and then only sell to those who can prove they've attended the previous Sons game.

Seems pretty straight forward until fans start complaining that they missed game X and therefore couldn't register to buy a ticket for game Y.

We have some genuine reasons to complain about ticketing. I'm still not entirely chuffed that the club don't open for one evening in the run-up to a Cat A game to allow fans who work away from the area to pick up a ticket without having to phone the club. I'm sure asking Antonia to post several dozen tickets (potentially) is a hassle she doesnt need with all the other work that goes into running the club on a part time basis whilst preparing for a massive influx of fans. I missed the league game due to other commitments but made the cup game and beyond a few songs that I'd rather not hear at a Dumbarton v Rangers game (the only song I want to hear about bulding gallows at the BB is Judee Sill's "Jesus Was A Cross-maker"), the Gers fans in the home end caused very little trouble.

The majority of fans who attende the cup game were a credit to the club. There was no pyro, no abusive behaviour, no trouble prior to the game and no problems getting away from the ground. Hamilton fans caused more trouble last year with their antics than Rangers fans did on Saturday. We should be focusing on a close game with an undeserved Gers winner coming in first half imaginary injury time rather than any mock offense about fans who caused absolutely no trouble.

I think I've maybe bought 1 programme in the last 10 years. I understand what you are saying and receiving a voucher for attending previous games will keep it down a bit but you will always have grievances from the folk who can't make every game. You also have some Rangers fans who attend Dumbarton games if Rangers are away, I understand these people aren't the issue but there is no way to completely stop it happening.

nah thanks for your interest ;)

I find that extremely strange.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok yes I haven't had a reply which mirrors the incompetence in which they conducted the ticket sales in the first place. All the hassle with exchanging season ticket vouchers and no parking at ground after 2 to find you're sitting amongst away fans. Beggars Belief!

Ok yes I haven't had a reply which mirrors the incompetence in which they conducted the ticket sales in the first place. All the hassle with exchanging season ticket vouchers and no parking at ground after 2 to find you're sitting amongst away fans. Beggars Belief!

Everyone else I know who sent an email in has had either a reply or a phone call, this is why I find it strange that Alan would ignore yours.

Archived