Dumbarton v Rangers

In your opinion.

Your club seems to have a different opinion.

Dumbarton are to blame for a) selling tickets to Rangers fans and b) not removing them from the stadium when it was clear they were not Dumbarton fans.

It's now almost inevitable that Rangers fans will purchase tickets for the Dumbarton end in the next game because your club has allowed it.

Completely agree with both your points here but there's one more:

C) The 40-50 idiots who couldn't be like the other Rangers fans in our end (of which I'm sure there was many) and sit without acting like attention seeking kids.

The club, stewards and police are mostly to blame however. If they'd been tough on the idiots then it would have extinguished the issue and given everybody on here nothing to talk about.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The police and Stewards are mostly to blame for your clubs ticketing policy?

Interesting.

"The club, stewards and police are mostly to blame however. If they'd been tough on the idiots then it would have extinguished the issue and given everybody on here nothing to talk about."

Note the second word in the above quote.

Bullshit from Rangers fans. Home ends are for home fans. What don't you get about that. You're not welcome!

A friend (Dumbarton Fan) got me 2 tickets, we were made welcome and enjoyed the game!

Bite to eat and a couple of pints afterwards, what's your problem with that?

I'll sort him for tickets at Ibrox for the New Year game, no bother!

A friend (Dumbarton Fan) got me 2 tickets, we were made welcome and enjoyed the game!

Bite to eat and a couple of pints afterwards, what's your problem with that?

I'll sort him for tickets at Ibrox for the New Year game, no bother!

And Gieitlaldy can come and sit next to me in the Copland Road :lol:

Your club are to blame, the police and the stewards could have potentially faced a problem down to your clubs ticketing policies, as it was there was no issues, down to in part sensible stewarding on the advice of the police, stop trying to pass blame here, your club were 100% to blame.

I am also struggling to understand why this thread has ran to 12 pages, it was a straightforward game without incident, perhaps it is time for it to be put out of its misery.

The club should've have agreed with the stewards and police one of two things:

A) A segragated section of Rangers fans in the home end. Its no' nice to have them but I understand that footballs a business.

B) Any Rangers fan who showed clearly who they supported (shouts, cheers and provoking home fans) should be chucked out immediately. Nae excuses, nae second chances.

Asked another Rangers fan on here but wondering what changes you would make to the ticketing policy. There's been a fair few suggetions battered about but I can't see any of them working or becoming feesable.

Of course conspiracy theorists would say this could all just be a cunning plan from the club to show us why we need a new big stadium...

Well either they (your club) got it wrong in making sure that home tickets only went to home fans or they deliberately opened up ticket sales to anyone who would buy them knowing full well that a lot of away fans would end up in the home end, you rally cannot criticise Rangers fans for cheering goals if this was the case, nor can you blame police or stewards for have to deal with a situation created by your own club.

Personally given the number of Rangers fans in the home end I am inclined to believe they were more concerned with maximising revenue.

I get what your saying and I think the last point is almost certainly true.

The difficult bit is how does someone prove they are a Sons fan? I could bring the last 10 seasons kits, programmes or a quiz on the last 5 years? Its a strange and difficult situation. Luckily its only one that we'll be facing this season (imo) As I think both Rangers and Hearts will go up. The only solution I liked was the season ticket one where every season ticket holder got a ticket or two for the home end. We'd still end up with away fans in our end but they'd more than likely be the reasonable sensible ones.

Ach well, least we've got a while to organise things before the next game...!

The club can't be blamed for selling the tickets, it's impossible to stop fans buying tickets for the home end in a a game like this - to say otherwise is idiotic. The club got it wrong not removing anyone vocally supporting Rangers from the home end. But I guess the club were worried about fans like No8 who openly admitted that physical violence would have been his response to anyone challenging why he was in the wrong end.

The club can't be blamed for selling the tickets, it's impossible to stop fans buying tickets for the home end in a a game like this - to say otherwise is idiotic. The club got it wrong not removing anyone vocally supporting Rangers from the home end. But I guess the club were worried about fans like No8 who openly admitted that physical violence would have been his response to anyone challenging why he was in the wrong end.

Haha...You're just making it up as you go along.

Correct, Best post iv ever seen from you

Correct, Best post iv ever seen from you

I ll ask you then as he obviously cant answer the question. Where did i condone football violence...Where did i threaten physical violence?

The point is if they were well behaved and normal human beings no one would have known there was any in the home end.

So well behaved normal human beings don't cheer when their team scores? They don't applaud when their team scores?

I ll ask you then as he obviously cant answer the question. Where did i condone football violence...Where did i threaten physical violence?

I was more agreeing with the point about how it's not the clubs fault who ends up the tickets and that if seen to be supporting the other team they should be thrown out.

But you did say that you "wouldn't sit on my hands" if someone told you to f**k off....

I wouldn't do it if i was in the wrong end. If i did i'd be expecting to get thrown out.

It is possible to sit next to somebody supporting a different team and chat about the game without wanting to kill him or wish harm on him. If his team wins you shake him by the hand and wish him all the best...there is always the next time.

I think this is beginning to say a helluva lot more about you and your views than it is about Rangers supporters and me in particular.

I have watched many games involving Rangers and my other team Man City in pubs surrounded by opposing supporters and cheered my team on. I watched an OF game in Marmaris in a pub full of that other lot...Sutton scored a late winner and i had to endure the slagging but i shook them all by the hand .. well most of them...and then left the pub and got on with my holiday. I watched City win the league last season in a Pub in Renfrew which was more or less full of Liverpool supporters...that was fun :thumsup2 ...we got a few drinks bought for us and had a great night.

But you did say that you "wouldn't sit on my hands" if someone told you to f**k off....

That is in no way condoning football violence. I would think most people would have something to say if somebody was standing shouting at them to f**k Off.

I am accepting the point from the rangers fans. We are a wee pishy team with a wee pishy stadium and we should accept the money from your fans.

In return we should sit quietly in our end and accept with dignity any gesticulation made by the away fans in our end of our stadium.

Best wishes for the season lots of love from myself and any other fan of a wee pishy team you may visit as you do sing we are only here to see the rangers.

Try harder at what? Trying to get a match ticket? The Clubs that have a good away support will always find a way to get a brief, whether it's in your end or not.

What's your average home gate 900? Not hard to predict that there was going to a good few away fans in the home end?

The home end holds fewer than 900.

Archived