Dumbarton v Rangers

So the big bad Rangers supporters were just squaring up to Random Home fans..Is this what you want me to believe?

I said earlier i have been in the opposition end on occasion and have never had any problems. Quite the opposite i have enjoyed most of the times. That said being in the opposite end does't mean i am going to meekly sit there and take abuse from idiots either. If somebody was to tell me to 'f**k Off' for example i think squaring up to them is the least i would be doing.

A guy a few rows in front of me squared up to a Sons fan for the heinous crime of celebrating the home 'keeper saving a penalty in the home end. That, you'd have to admit, is pretty out of order. It's also not the sort of thing I have ever seen at the SHS,DFS,BBS or whatever other three letter acronyms were given to the Rock (not missed a home game since November '09 and an away game since February '12, not that I like to brag about it :P )

If you were to sit in the home end (judging by your posts) I doubt you'd be giving it the big GIRFUY to the home fans, or doing that while videoing them or shouting at them unprovoked. Speaking to my Rangers supporting mates today they said that the people more focused on winding people up and causing trouble thus giving the club a bad name do there head in.

The last highlighted line is a bit severe mind you. It would fully depend on the situation I suppose but being told to "f*ck off" out of the home end if you are celebrating an away teams goal (and this goes for Rangers fans the same as it goes for Raith Rovers or Ross County or any other teams fans) would be fair enough. If it was out of the blue and you were there just to watch you're team without planning to provoke the home fans then I'd fully support you having a go back at the guy.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's really smashing patter. No idea what that picture has to do with Rangers or Dumbarton (or the clubs fans...or who it is) but it's good you know how to upload a picture on here. Well done.

Wind yer neck in mate, you're getting all het up over absolutley f*ck all! Go get yerself a wee tinnie from the fridge?

Question to you guys.. Should away fans be allowed access to' home supporter only' section? Simple yes or no will suffice

Yes...If they behave.

If they are well behaved why not?

Question to you guys.. Should away fans be allowed access to' home supporter only' section? Simple yes or no will suffice

Rangers fans' opinion on this matter as far as Dumbarton are concerned is irrelevant.

You should be directing that question towards Dumbarton Football Club.

You seem really hard, mate.

That's for others to say but i certainly wouldnt sit on my hands while some arsehole told me to f**k off. The same i never walked away last season at East End Park when some bigoted Dunfermline supporter decided to shout sectarian abuse at me belueving he was safe surrounded by Pars fans. Does that make me hard? I dont think it does. Just not intimidated by idiots.

Yep, no problem at all, sometimes hard getting a ticket (especially at smaller grounds) so it's the only option.

If you act like a d*ck, then you'll attract trouble wherever you go, and it serves you right!

Follow Follow

That's for others to say but i certainly wouldnt sit on my hands while some arsehole told me to f**k off. The same i never walked away last season at East End Park when some bigoted Dunfermline supporter decided to shout sectarian abuse at me belueving he was safe surrounded by Pars fans. Does that make me hard? I dont think it does. Just not intimidated by idiots.

Must try harder

Try harder at what? Trying to get a match ticket? The Clubs that have a good away support will always find a way to get a brief, whether it's in your end or not.

What's your average home gate 900? Not hard to predict that there was going to a good few away fans in the home end?

Bullshit from Rangers fans. Home ends are for home fans. What don't you get about that. You're not welcome!

In your opinion.

Your club seems to have a different opinion.

Dumbarton are to blame for a) selling tickets to Rangers fans and b) not removing them from the stadium when it was clear they were not Dumbarton fans.

It's now almost inevitable that Rangers fans will purchase tickets for the Dumbarton end in the next game because your club has allowed it.

Archived