Elgin City v Bo'ness United

afca32

Great game. Better football than's on offer at Stark's Park, and forwards that are prepared to shoot - the Bo'ness goal that was chalked off for alleged offside would be fit for any level. Some impressions:

Two different styles - Elgin more comfortable in possession but not much punch, despite their four goals. Bo'ness very good on the counter attack with very nippy forwards.

Both defences a bit iffy, especially Bo'ness' at times.

I think Bo'ness should have won by more, by far the better forward line and every goal well taken. Elgin will wonder how they're out teh Cup after being 3-0 up at half time on their own patch.

EDIT - poor refereeing, definitely favoured the SPFL side.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away and have a word with yourself. The penalties were stonewallers and the offside was unnecessary as Gribben was looking right along the line. And the worst attempt at a challenge in what was anything but a dirty game came from the Bo'ness boy in the middle of the pitch.

Bo'ness were streets ahead of Elgin who defended like a pub team. If anyone wants to maintain a pretence that the bottom end of the SPFL is a step up from top end non league they are kidding themselves. Elgin wouldn't finish top 5 in the East Super League - they couldn't keep hens out a hutch. Nicky Walker cantered all over them. Good win for Bo'ness but if they'd won by 5 it wouldn't have been undeserved.

I always think a good indication of should it be a penalty is the players appeals. no Elgin player appealed for the first one and I don't think any appealed for the second (might be wrong) I though both times the Bo'ness player won the ball

The challenge from Snowden in the 98th minute probably should have been a penalty.

Great result for Bo'ness though. Slack at the back but great going forward

Away and have a word with yourself. The penalties were stonewallers and the offside was unnecessary as Gribben was looking right along the line. And the worst attempt at a challenge in what was anything but a dirty game came from the Bo'ness boy in the middle of the pitch.

Stonewallers? Aye, right. Even a couple of neutrals near me were amazed at the decisions but so what, we are in the Fourth Round. :)

If anyone wants to maintain a pretence that the bottom end of the SPFL is a step up from top end non league they are kidding themselves. Elgin wouldn't finish top 5 in the East Super League

Which makes it all the more disappointing that these teams don't show the desire (or ambition???) to join the Lowland League and make a real push to get into the Senior league structure/

Which makes it all the more disappointing that these teams don't show the desire (or ambition???) to join the Lowland League and make a real push to get into the Senior league structure/

Totally agree. That said, the model is shite. What's ambitious about being in a set up where teams are lucky if they muster 50 -100 fans at away games and charge far more than the product is worth? Remember that being completely selfish about change is evident at every level.

Stonewallers? Aye, right. Even a couple of neutrals near me were amazed at the decisions but so what, we are in the Fourth Round. :)

Aye. Absolute stonewallers. Video proves that the ball is away by the time the defender arrives in both cases. God knows what you see when you watch games.

Archived