St Mirren V Ross County 25/10/14

Even though I'm not as despondent as I was a few weeks ago, I'm still struggling to get myself excited about any of these games at the moment. A win here, to put us level (but still behind on goals unless it's a thumping) with St. Mirren and hopefully also Motherwell may give us some hope though. All things considered, to have the opportunity to go even just equal 10th is better than I feared we would be competing for at this stage.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll miss Capn Brittain and Rocco.

I think Brittain is playing on until the next international break in November, unless his injury flares up in the meantime. So he and Irvine together in the middle is the obvious choice, with Dunfield and Woods on the fringes.

Rocco being out for four months is a blow, he was getting back to his best football before being stuck on the left wing.

I'm hoping that we won't have to see Barr in central midfield again. I don't think he protected the space in front of the defence enough against ICT or Celtic, which would be the obvious instruction for him to carry out. If he plays it should be at right-back IMO, but I'd stick with Toshney for the time being and use Barr as the first change in defence.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/296794-county-clash-has-taken-on-extra-significance-says-tommy-craig/

Tommy Craig:

If we can put in a performance which makes us look on top of the game for long spells and then win the game, it gives you extra confidence to know that you haven't just nicked the result.

You want to say you deserved the result.

So once again, the performance is what I really want and hopefully we can pick up all three points.

Nah, I'll have three points over anything, thanks.

It really wouldn't be a St. Mirren thread until standfree and some of the Dundee muppets turn up.

If Lex, Borg et al hadn't been trolling all over the Dundee threads before the season had even started then I wouldn't be anywhere near here. Admittedly though, as the season has gone on their appearances on our threads have inexplicably trickled to a halt.

I can't think why.

Plummer may return for this game but Thommo, Wylde, Osbourne and Teale all definitely out. Would like to see us line up tomorrow:

Kello

Naismith

Plummer (if fit)

Goodwin

Kelly

Marwood (we have no one else)

McGinn

McLean

Tesselaar

Ball

Caldwell

By no means do I think Caldwell is the answer to our troubles but give him a try up front alongside Ball and see how that goes... Could get any worse!!

Think Plummer will be out. Not that McAusland will be getting dropped anyway.

I agree about bringing Caldwell in but I'd probably have Reilly in over Marwood - although it's a close call.

Barring a freak result today, we will end the first round of fixtures outside the bottom 2. I find that pretty baffling given how rubbish we've been, but good, it's comforting to know that other teams have been worse.

I certainly don't see this as 'must win' or some such nonsense that's been banded about. How can it be must win if we are going to end the day outside the bottom 2 regardless?

Need to drop Reilly and Marwood and start Kelly and Caldwell. The former two have had enough chances.

Seen most of Ross County's last two games as they have been televised. If they play like they did first half against ICT then they will cause us problems. If they play like they did second half in that game and in the whole Celtic game we should win.

Won't be much in it. 10 of our 12 games this season have had 1 goal or less in it either way, the only 2 that haven't were our losses against Accies and Dundee Utd. Not surprisingly, these teams are at the top of the pile.

This will be another tight one, 1-0, or 0-1 or similar. I will plump for our third 2-1 win of the season.

Archived