St Mirren V Ross County 25/10/14

Big game for both sides on Saturday, we were awful on Saturday after two decent results before that. Hopefully we will put in a better shift.

I would think Paul Quinn will start at CB this week. We will also have Jackson Irvine back, he was a big loss on Saturday.

Win and we right back in the mix, lose and we are in real trouble.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking forward to this one have absolutely no confidence that we will get a positive result. The situation is pretty similar for both teams it's a must not lose game for both. Will probably end up being a scrappy game.

Not sure who's returning from injury for Saints but I do hope Thomas Reilly is dropped as he's a complete weak link in a poor St. Mirren side. I would actually quite like to see us play with two upfront and have a real go at county as they look very vulnerable at the back, as do we.

Prediction - a bore draw

Any idea if Gregg Wylde will be back for this?

I'd like to see Caldwell start in place of Marwood and for McLean not to play the holding role. He's easily our most attacking threat in midfield, so to play him defensively is a bit daft...even swapping with McGinn would make more sense (whilst Osbourne and Goodwin are otherwise occupied obviously).

I read in the press that Wylde would be out for the Ross County game and probably the Dundee United one, too. Is Osbourne likely to play? He would release McLean which would undoubtedly improve the midfield.

Although both teams are in a 'must not lose' situation, I think it'll be an entertaining game. County are not good at containing, they need to press up the pitch and there are mistakes to be made by the St Mirren defence if that happens. Meanwhile St Mirren know that if they have a go they can be certain of scoring at least one.

Recent Youtube highlights stated that this is St Mirren's worst run of home form since the 1960s. But that shouldn't matter because County are likely to try to play like the home team, with Irvine back alongside Brittain - I'd be surprised if they tried to sit back from the start.

I've been needing a seething fix for a while, St Mirren Park always obliges.

I read in the press that Wylde would be out for the Ross County game and probably the Dundee United one, too. Is Osbourne likely to play? He would release McLean which would undoubtedly improve the midfield.

Although both teams are in a 'must not lose' situation, I think it'll be an entertaining game. County are not good at containing, they need to press up the pitch and there are mistakes to be made by the St Mirren defence if that happens. Meanwhile St Mirren know that if they have a go they can be certain of scoring at least one.

Recent Youtube highlights stated that this is St Mirren's worst run of home form since the 1960s. But that shouldn't matter because County are likely to try to play like the home team, with Irvine back alongside Brittain - I'd be surprised if they tried to sit back from the start.

I've been needing a seething fix for a while, St Mirren Park always obliges.

I think you'll be doing cold turkey I'm afraid, a lot of apathy and an air of resignation around the place.

Not looking forward to this one have absolutely no confidence that we will get a positive result. The situation is pretty similar for both teams it's a must not lose game for both. Will probably end up being a scrappy game.

Not sure who's returning from injury for Saints but I do hope Thomas Reilly is dropped as he's a complete weak link in a poor St. Mirren side. I would actually quite like to see us play with two upfront and have a real go at county as they look very vulnerable at the back, as do we.

Prediction - a bore draw

Reilly should not be anywhere near the starting line up, it shows how poor our squad is that he actually gets a game, he's so far out his depth it's worrying.

I predict a 2-0 to Ross County.

Another defeat at home for us should surely mean the end for Tommy Craig as manager, the club made a huge mistake by appointing him in the 1st place.

Reilly should not be anywhere near the starting line up, it shows how poor our squad is that he actually gets a game, he's so far out his depth it's worrying.

Another defeat at home for us should surely mean the end for Tommy Craig as manager, the club made a huge mistake by appointing him in the 1st place.

Lol

LOLZ

Thinking about heading down to this one, haven't been to see county win away from home since February 2013 vs Dundee. Losing this would be nothing short of a disaster for us. Think we should go:

Brown

Toshney Quinn Frempah Carey

Irvine Brittain

Gardyne MDL Cardle

Arquin

Unlikely because De Leeuw didn't even make the bench on Saturday some how.

I am expecting County to leave their own half this time. They gave ICT a good game, should have been 3 up by half time.

Can't see many goals in this unless Thommo makes a miraculous recovery. Home record this season is diabolical and the performances haven't been much better.

I am expecting County to leave their own half this time.

The last time I was down - for the re-arranged game - County showed absolutely no ambition. It was the same for a lot of away games last season. There was the odd exception where County attacked, but it was almost exclusively hitting on the break.

As bad as the results have been, it's been good to see take them take the game to the opposition, like in the home losses to Motherwell and Hibs, as well as away to ICT.

I think Saturday is the first true test of what what this side can do, now that McIntyre has been here long enough and the derby+Celtic matches are out of the way. Then again, there could be at least a couple (or more!) players making their full debuts, so there will still be some teething problems.

Thinking about heading down to this one, haven't been to see county win away from home since February 2013 vs Dundee. Losing this would be nothing short of a disaster for us. Think we should go:

Brown

Toshney Quinn Frempah Carey

Irvine Brittain

Gardyne MDL Cardle

Arquin

Unlikely because De Leeuw didn't even make the bench on Saturday some how.

I would have Reckord at Left back and push Carey up to left mid. Cardle just drifts out of games too much for me. Kiss will be in instead of MDL in my view.

Midfield for me would be RB or Dunfield in centre and RB or Midge in the right.

Brown

Toshney Quinn Frempah Reckord

Irvine Dunfield

Brittain kiss Carey

Arquin

MDL to make the bench hopefully

We have had too many key players out injured so a couple at least are back.

What will the score be ? Hell knows as Saints have not won one league game at home this season a shocking statistic , can only hope that the law of averages are on our side on Saturday.

Glad to be away at work not a game I would like to see.

I'd be delighted to remove your manager for you if that means points pour nous. (Yoann may be reading.)

Our line-up may just have too many unfamiliar faces, so I'm not expecting a fluid and coherent performance. We'll miss Capn Brittain and Rocco.

Thus points may be hard to come by. Hoping for the Maureens to be worse than us.

I believe McIntyre will do well, but whether he has enough time to turn us into a good performing side is the big challenge.

So Gloom aside, Midge and Yoann Arquin have to start.

Frempah, Irvine & Carey also to start. And is there room for Boyce please?

The last time I was down - for the re-arranged game - County showed absolutely no ambition. It was the same for a lot of away games last season. There was the odd exception where County attacked, but it was almost exclusively hitting on the break.

As bad as the results have been, it's been good to see take them take the game to the opposition, like in the home losses to Motherwell and Hibs, as well as away to ICT.

I think Saturday is the first true test of what what this side can do, now that McIntyre has been here long enough and the derby+Celtic matches are out of the way. Then again, there could be at least a couple (or more!) players making their full debuts, so there will still be some teething problems.

I didn't make the game that was called off or the re-arranged one. I meant the 1-0 Wylde screamer game. It was very clear County came for a 0-0 that time. Can't see McIntyre setting up like that.

I'd be delighted to remove your manager for you if that means points pour nous. (Yoann may be reading.)

Our manager is County's best hope of staying off the bottom spot. Even if County win 5-0 on Saturday there isn't much chance of TC getting the sack anyway.

Archived