The European Union

Reynard

The SNP wanted Scotland to be in the European union. How much bigger is that than Scotland?

How would you feel if English MPs were able to vote on matters devolved to Holyrood? Would you whine like a little bitch as usual?

It's a 100x bigger. Does the EU control Scotland's finances with all the important powers reserved for Brussels ?

As much as your party tries to kid on that health and education and the like in England doesn't affect Scotland, it really does. It's called Barnett.

I think Scottish MPs should be allowed to vote anything that affects the Scottish block grant. Do you agree ?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a 100x bigger. Does the EU control Scotland's finances with all the important powers reserved for Brussels ?

As much as your party tries to kid on that health and education and the like in England doesn't affect Scotland, it really does. It's called Barnett.

I think Scottish MPs should be allowed to vote anything that affects the Scottish block grant. Do you agree ?

It is. So how much influence over making laws together will Scotland have?

The block grant will need to be looked at all over again when Scotland gets new powers. The Barnet formula should be scrapped completely.

No shit Sherlock.

Yes. I think you were whining about scotland ONLY being a tenth the size of the UK or something and how little influence you think it has. Yet you seem to be of the opinion that Scotland will be some sort of player in the EU with one hundredth of the population in it. Why?

Yes. I think you were whining about scotland ONLY being a tenth the size of the UK or something and how little influence you think it has. Yet you seem to be of the opinion that Scotland will be some sort of player in the EU with one hundredth of the population in it. Why?

When did I say we would be " some sort of player " in the EU ?

Your argument is rubbish because an independent Scotland would have the sovereignty to leave the EU anytime it wished.

Does Denmark make less decisions about it's internal affairs than the UK ? That'll be a no, ie your point is water thin to say the least.

Fancy answering my question.

Do you agree with Davey that Scottish MPs shouldn't get a vote on health and education even though it affects the Scottish block grant ?

Your argument is rubbish because an independent Scotland would have the sovereignty to leave the EU anytime it wished.

Does Denmark make less decisions about it's internal affairs than the UK ? That'll be no ie your point is water thin to say the least.

Do you agree with Davey that Scottish MPs shouldn't get a vote on health and education even though it affects the Scottish block grant ?

I think I was proving that YOUR argument was actually the steaming pile of excrement.

Yep. Why should scottish MPs be allowed to continue to influence policy when English MPs cant do the same in Scotland, Wales etc? If scotland want to spend more money then it should tax its own citizens for the pleasure and justify it to the electorate up here.

Does Denmark make less decisions about it's internal affairs than the UK ? That'll be a no, ie your point is water thin to say the least.

Do you thinks its fair that the EU demands that France keeps its budget deficit to around 3% with all the associated austerity this will cause? Same in Greece, Ireland etc?

Would you be happy for them to tell Scotland to do the same? Or is it a case of Westminster bad, Brussels good?

I think I was proving that YOUR argument was actually the steaming pile of excrement.

Yep. Why should scottish MPs be allowed to continue to influence policy when English MPs cant do the same in Scotland, Wales etc? If scotland want to spend more money then it should tax its own citizens for the pleasure and justify it to the electorate up here.

You only proved that in your head.

Does Denmark have less control over it's internal affairs than the UK ? Yes or no ?

So we shouldn't have a say over things that affect our budget ? Family of nations right enough.

Do you thinks its fair that the EU demands that France keeps its budget deficit to around 3% with all the associated austerity this will cause? Same in Greece, Ireland etc?

Would you be happy for them to tell Scotland to do the same? Or is it a case of Westminster bad, Brussels good?

It's a case of Westminster bad. EU voluntary. You've not quite got that bit yet. Don't worry, I understand.

Your argument was that we'll have less influence because we'll be a hundredth of the population so I'll ask you for the 3rd time.

Does Denmark have less control over it's internal affairs than the UK ?

Thats the way I feel about it. Its not going to be us leaving any time soon, we are baw deep in this too now and in the unlikely event of a Tory government in May even if there WAS a referendum we would vote to remain in it, Cameron and his ministers would undoubtedly be campaigning to stay in and the UK state machine will be deployed to make sure that we do. Thats not really the issue now anyway. Id vote to come out but id be in the minority anyway.

The real problems are that the institutions foundations are not well built. And it cant cope with the financial problems engulfing it. Theres no proper leadership and no facility to make fiscal transfers to areas that need the help, Thats why the euro project (without serious reform) will fail. In spite of our nationalists whining, our particular union allows fiscal transfers and money can flow easily to areas requiring special help for whatever reason. The USA has a similar facility, the EU does not. Hence forced austerity on many of the member states and no simply firing off help as needed to help stabilise things or at least try to,

You are a clown.

On one thread you say that nationalists are cu*nts, and on this thread you say you would vote to come out of EU.... thus isolating UK, whilst you fly your union jack with Nationalist pride...

You are a clown.

On one thread you say that nationalists are cu*nts, and on this thread you say you would vote to come out of EU.... thus isolating UK, whilst you fly your union jack with Nationalist pride...

They are. Particularly yourself

I have no interest in nationalism. English, Scottish or even British. But I do have a strong aversion to an unelected group of people dictating what I can and cannot do. Thats my gripe with the EU.

They are. Particularly yourself

I have no interest in nationalism. English, Scottish or even British. But I do have a strong aversion to an unelected group of people dictating what I can and cannot do. Thats my gripe with the EU.

Ha ha... unelected? Try the Lords

People in Scotland wanted independence because they felt that Scotland would be better off looking after its own affairs and be more prosperous outside the union..... yet you referred to these people as Nationalists. You stated that all nationalists are c*nts. However you think that the UK can do better outside the European Union. Therefore by your logic you are a British Nationalist, thus by your definition... you are a c*nt. :)

Ha ha... unelected? Try the Lords

People in Scotland wanted independence because they felt that Scotland would be better off looking after its own affairs and be more prosperous outside the union..... yet you referred to these people as Nationalists. You stated that all nationalists are c*nts. However you think that the UK can do better outside the European Union. Therefore by your logic you are a British Nationalist, thus by your definition... you are a c*nt. :)

Yes. Unelected.

No they didn't. The vote was a resounding no.

Your logic points to you being a C*nt. Fair play for not denying that.

I'm a complete c**t. And one that has you totally bent out of shape, you thick Marxist f**k. <_<

You still lost though as I correctly predicted right from the start.

Archived