Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Rovers1992/1993

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. Can't believe there were folk seething around me thinking Stewart had dived for the penalty.

He went down easily, but my main problem with the decision was that the ball was out of play, or at least heading out of play, when Stewart was brought down. Having said that, the defender should have realised this and in the end, left himself vulnerable for conceding a penalty by making the challenge.

Not a penalty for me.

He went down easily, but my main problem with the decision was that the ball was out of play, or at least heading out of play, when Stewart was brought down. Having said that, the defender should have realised this and in the end, left himself vulnerable for conceding a penalty by making the challenge.

Not a penalty for me.

A bit like hearts equaliser in the league cup against us last year, ball was rolling out of play anyway, Thomson took him down, still a penalty. Whether the balls rolling out or not, a player puts in a daft tackle like that, a penalty every day of the week

I was on the bank for the second half and didn't hear too much. The abuse Elliot gets is down to the way he carries on with his constant moaning, whining and diving. He's an embarrassment.

To be honest, most of these players have been playing well below par for almost 12 months so I have little sympathy for them.

This.

The players deserve every ounce of criticism that has come their way over the past two weeks.

This.

The players deserve every ounce of criticism that has come their way over the past two weeks.

I listened to Bert and Laurie belting out instructions to the team today and struggle to see what impact it made, even Brian Marr telling the 'Lino' to get the Rose management team 'back in their fucking area' fell on deaf ears.

I was to the right of the dugouts today, a position I probably haven't stood in since they closed the Stark's Park enclosure.

What I did see, was a few players having a wee dig at the bench. I couldn't tell if it was at Murray, and I've no idea if it's the norm, but I did find it eye opening.

Even if Murray's tactics weren't great, I thought they were pretty disrespectful. However, I'd quantity that with the fact I'm rarely near the dugouts.

I was to the right of the dugouts today, a position I probably haven't stood in since they closed the Stark's Park enclosure.

What I did see, was a few players having a wee dig at the bench. I couldn't tell if it was at Murray, and I've no idea if it's the norm, but I did find it eye opening.

Even if Murray's tactics weren't great, I thought they were pretty disrespectful. However, I'd quantity that with the fact I'm rarely near the dugouts.

There was a spell in the second half when Bert & co were belting out orders and McKeown grew a pair and had a bit of dialogue with the bench.

Would this be one of said occasions?

Looks like Linlithgow played very well apart from scoring, looks like they tired towards the end as the last highlights were mainly Raith. Looked like a great wee crowd, is there any possibility of Linlithgow coming up to the seniors and could they attract that crowd every week in the league set up?

There was a spell in the second half when Bert & co were belting out orders and McKeown grew a pair and had a bit of dialogue with the bench.

Would this be one of said occasions?

Aye, Mckeown did seem a bit lippy, so did Scott at one point. I couldn't hear what they were saying so I wouldn't say they were out of order, but it was interesting to see them mouthing off.

Looks like Linlithgow played very well apart from scoring, looks like they tired towards the end as the last highlights were mainly Raith. Looked like a great wee crowd, is there any possibility of Linlithgow coming up to the seniors and could they attract that crowd every week in the league set up?

Lowest crowd of the season no travelling support....!

Archived