The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Falkirk and Stirling always get flooded badly, I have seen footage aplenty from Falkirk but not Stirling which I can only assume is because it’s so far under water everyone’s smart phones are submerged.

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A train has derailed at Stonehaven. It seems mad that any trains were running in that area after the storms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-53751678

A friend who stays nearby saying the rails have washed away and emergency services are struggling to get to the site because surrounding bridges have been swept away.

Edited by RiG

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

A train has derailed at Stonehaven. It seems mad that any trains were running in that area after the storms.

Ok, time to stop my pointless wind up, hope everyone has came out of that fine.

Falkirk and Stirling always get flooded badly, I have seen footage aplenty from Falkirk but not Stirling which I can only assume is because it’s so far under water everyone’s smart phones are submerged.
At least they can have a wash now.

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Think this is a bad one by the sound of it. ARI A&E shut time deal with it apparently 

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Think this is a bad one by the sound of it. ARI A&E shut time deal with it apparently 

A major incident has been declared so that response is not unusual. Some people saying this is the first one at Aberdeen(shire) since Piper Alpha?

Video from the scene a short time ago:

Edited by RiG

1 minute ago, RiG said:

A major incident has been declared so that response is not unusual. Some people saying this is the first one since Piper Alpha?

Video from the scene a short time ago:

Id have thought the Glasgow Airport bombing would have been a major incident maybe. Dunno the criteria though, possibly determined by number of potential casualties.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Id have thought the Glasgow Airport bombing would have been a major incident maybe. Dunno the criteria though, possibly determined by number of potential casualties.

Yeah sorry I should have specifically said major incident for Aberdeen!

16 minutes ago, Rugster said:

A major incident is declared when the situation has the potential to overwhelm the available resources: police, fire, ambulance, hospitals, utilities, etc and special arrangements need to be made. It's not necessary based on the number of casualties, but may be due to location, difficulty of extraction, dangerous chemicals etc

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

A major incident has been declared so that response is not unusual. Some people saying this is the first one at Aberdeen(shire) since Piper Alpha?

No, there's been several. They don't all get advertised. Ones that people may remember are the helicopter crash a decade ago and the ski lift at the Lecht six or seven years ago.

There was also a major incident declared for the pandemic.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

A major incident is declared when the situation has the potential to overwhelm the available resources: police, fire, ambulance, hospitals, utilities, etc and special arrangements need to be made. It's not necessary based on the number of casualties, but may be due to location, difficulty of extraction, dangerous chemicals etc

No, there's been several. They don't all get advertised. People may remember the helicopter crash a decade ago and the ski lift at the Lecht.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

No, there's been several. They don't all get advertised. Ones that people may remember are the helicopter crash a decade ago and the ski lift at the Lecht six or seven years ago.

Oh yes of course the chopper ditches from the mid 00s? 

Mearns FM reporting fatalities and numerous injuries. Horrible stuff :( 

1 hour ago, Cyclizine said:

All we ever get is overwhelm this, overwhelm that. I didn't get where I am getting overwhelmed!

Get on with it, I say!