The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

A few guys in work have Planet Rock on their radio. When I was within earshot the DJ was telling anyone who is anxious about the weather to email him for reassurance.

A Savillesque method of making contact with the vulnerable or simply a country of shitebags? The next song was Status Quo. 

Down, Down, Deeper and Down.

Watching BBC news this morning and it showed Porthcawl being battered by waves and high winds. Looked miserable there. 

I said to my daughter that, before she was born, we went on holiday there and had a good time.

"Doesn't look like fun," she said. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That might have been Wyatt who has suffered from mental health problems and champions awareness and help for problems. Planet Rock signed up to the Mental Health Media Charter so goes beyond just the weather affecting people.

Aye it was him.

I suppose it's a good thing. Some people might need help and the vast majority of listeners get a wee self esteem bump from the fact they would never phone an FM radio station because they are feart of the wind. 

59 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

aye but you live next to the sea what do you expect.  i am 17 miles out of town and the conditions are pretty much the same as that pic of roads at Bancchory.....supposed to be going to a meeting in Dyce later but my car wont make it without snow tyres.

Aha, you dont need snow tyres you fool.

You need SNOW TYERS.

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Aha, you dont need snow tyres you fool.

You need SNOW TYERS.

nae sure I get that.......

Anyway, meeting now cancelled and online only  - been heavy snow all morning and really didnt fancy attempting the drive.  At least I will see the full match v Sweden now.....

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

nae sure I get that.......

Anyway, meeting now cancelled and online only  - been heavy snow all morning and really didnt fancy attempting the drive.  At least I will see the full match v Sweden now.....

6 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I am hooked to this at the moment. Quite a few go arounds. Stuff being on one of they planes. Fair play to the pilots that have got them down.

Calmed down a bit with less of a cross wind, still gusting at 70 mph headwinds though!

Calmed down a bit with less of a cross wind, still gusting at 70 mph headwinds though!

Aye, the wind seems to have changed direction to more a headwind which will make it that bit easier. I wouldn’t have liked to have been on the singapore airlines one that swung out at the back. Apparently Gatwick are reporting winds of 78[emoji15]

2 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Aye, the wind seems to have changed direction to more a headwind which will make it that bit easier. I wouldn’t have liked to have been on the singapore airlines one that swung out at the back. Apparently Gatwick are reporting winds of 78emoji15.png

A friend flew out to Madrid from Aberdeen via Heathrow this morning, I didn't think he had a chance, thought they'd close the airport.