The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

My fence has bitten the dust. I'll never hear the fucking end of it.

"Do you know anybody, get somebody in, have you phoned yet..."

Does she know you are wasting time posting on here when you could be out surveying the damage!

15 hours ago, Willie adie said:

IMG-20220129-WA0001.jpg

Not quite as bad but the tattie shed on my brothers farm had its roof ripped off yesterday......been up since 1977.

These two storms (Arwen and Malik ) have seen the most severe winds I can recall in my lifetime - and only two months apart. 

I actually saw a huge Douglas Fir fall over yesterday....from my garden.....and I think I can provide an answer to a question that has seemed to have battled generations....yes if a tree falls over in a wood and no one is there to see it (I was a good 40m away in my garden) it does make a noise.

Huge number of trees down at my mums and on my golf course........currently charging things up in preparation for the inevitable power cut tonight.  Power went off at 8am yesterday but was on when I woke this morning.  So many speak of rising power bills thse days but I cant recall a winter with so many power cuts lasting a long time.

3 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

I actually saw a huge Douglas Fir fall over yesterday....from my garden.....and I think I can provide an answer to a question that has seemed to have battled generations....yes if a tree falls over in a wood and no one is there to see it (I was a good 40m away in my garden) it does make a noise.

But someone was there to see it - you

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

No trains anywhere in Scotland after 6pm this evening. 

What a shambles of a country. 

You aware of the havoc that the weather has been causing and the forecast for tonight.  Maybe better than a de-railment or being stuck for hours by fallen trees