The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

2 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ditto Sky News, who have added a livecam shot to Newport beach.  Which is showing.......waves.

Yesterday they had someone outside glasgow central who revealed that following storm Dudley, ‘the pavements are wet’. 

Started off with massive snowflakes falling here (Torry, AB11) which had me all excited about getting my skis oot later.

After about an hour of that we now just have pishy rain.

The hype around the weather does seem to be consistent with the rolling news agenda of getting us all to be on a heightened state of alert so that we keep watching it to find out more.

Today I can report that it's February in the NE of Scotland. Put a jacket on. 

Edited by velo army

56 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Snow in Edinburgh generally pathetic. It’s already melted in my area and we are high up. We aren’t even going to get out for a quick sledge or build a snowman.

When I woke up it was just rain/slush and not lying and it’s been fine since I’ve been at work just a bit cold. Very underwhelming.

A few guys in work have Planet Rock on their radio. When I was within earshot the DJ was telling anyone who is anxious about the weather to email him for reassurance.

A Savillesque method of making contact with the vulnerable or simply a country of shitebags? The next song was Status Quo. 

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

few guys in work have Planet Rock on their radio. When I was within earshot the DJ was telling anyone who is anxious about the weather to email him for reassurance.

That might have been Wyatt who has suffered from mental health problems and champions awareness and help for problems. Planet Rock signed up to the Mental Health Media Charter so goes beyond just the weather affecting people.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Started off with massive snowflakes falling here (Torry, AB11) which had me all excited about getting my skis oot later.

After about an hour of that we now just have pishy rain.

The hype around the weather does seem to be consistent with the rolling news agenda of getting us all to be on a heightened state of alert so that we keep watching it to find out more.

Today I can report that it's February in the NE of Scotland. Put a jacket on. 

aye but you live next to the sea what do you expect.  i am 17 miles out of town and the conditions are pretty much the same as that pic of roads at Bancchory.....supposed to be going to a meeting in Dyce later but my car wont make it without snow tyres.

13 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

aye but you live next to the sea what do you expect.  i am 17 miles out of town and the conditions are pretty much the same as that pic of roads at Bancchory.....supposed to be going to a meeting in Dyce later but my car wont make it without snow tyres.

This is good news. I'll take the bus out to the shire tomorrow then. 

My point is that this is just typical weather for A'deen and shire for this time of year. Not worth getting our salopettes (sp?) in a twist.