The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

On 29/01/2022 at 19:38, oaksoft said:

Can you not put in a few fence posts and panels yourself?

Update.

Some gnarly, couthy outdoors types turned up today to price a new fence and gate. She'd taken matters in to her own hands and asked her cousin for a recommendation. They shook stabs and measured things. They had overalls with lots of pockets and drove a van.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Update.

Some gnarly, couthy outdoors types turned up today to price a new fence and gate. She'd taken matters in to her own hands and asked her cousin for a recommendation. They shook stabs and measured things. They had overalls with lots of pockets and drove a van.

jerry maguire GIF by Jerology

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Update.

That'll be more Facebook messages warning about dug snatchers in your area, then.

Woke up at 2.35am this morning to the sound of a screaming woman downstairs.

Frightening, but good news....it meant my power was back on and the noise was coming from my tv which was on when I got my latest power cut on Sunday night (was off from Friday night to Sunday afternoon too)  Still a few around who have not had power since Friday.

The weather today I would have previously described as  - really windy.  However, after this winter its almost a calm day 

Neighbours beech tree came down and didnt miss my hoose by much

• 2 weeks later...

We've been warned about hurricane force winds here overnight. I've looked at the forecast and they don't look anything like hurricane force being predicted.

Sporting facilities being closed tomorrow in anticipation. Fucking nonsense, it'll be a bit blowy, some branches will be flying about and that'll be it. Fucking everything has to be a drama now, it's not like wind is a new phenomenon.