The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

No trains anywhere in Scotland after 6pm this evening. 

What a shambles of a country. 

Screenshot_20220130-180504.thumb.jpg.13a3ad2fc75f60fbe609faf908d0fb1b.jpg

Looks like Scotrail are stopping but LNER are still running if you need a train between the cities.

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The weather in Glasgow is nothing out of the ordinary. 

Of course Glasgow is the entire country. Yes, they should just run the Cathcart circle all night. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Of course Glasgow is the entire country. Yes, they should just run the Cathcart circle all night. 

Aye operate the services in the biggest urban area in the country where the weather is rain and 40 mph winds. 

That's what would happen in non tinpot countries. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

Aye operate the services in the biggest urban area in the country where the weather is rain and 40 mph winds. 

That's what would happen in non tinpot countries. 

Maybe you should f**k off to a non tinpot country. 

57 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

We had the tree surgeon in last week taking down twenty trees that were in danger of falling on the building or on the driveway. Looks like it was fortuitous timing. 565731a084b8945eada35f86ed39b7fa.jpg

I’ve got 2 massive trees in my back swaying all over the place 

I’m definitely going to be making arrangements in the morning to have them cut down. 

13 hours ago, Rugster said:

Unlike Teuchterdom, the Central Belt was in the lowest tier of weather warning last night. If services are going to face blanket cancellations for that in Scotland then they'd be cancelled for over 50 days a year. 

I'm sure that key workers will have been delighted to find themselves stranded at Inverclyde Royal Hospital and countless other workplaces yesterday evening, because Scotrail couldn't be arsed running an essential service when it's a bit windy.