The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Got power back half an hour or so ago.  Good job because its fucking freezng.  Was just away out to use the gas barbie to boil water for coffee when it came back on.

All the trees in the garden are still up which is annoying as I hate mowing round the things.  No damage at all.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Took the dog out this morning and my mental gate has came away and another part of the fence has decided to give up the ghost. Seems a bit calmer wind wise though. Got some snow to top it all off! 60606ba9bc9fd3f8e0b3d237c56ce8b4.jpg

Is that at the end of your psycho path? 

10 hours ago, velo army said:

I expect the climate change thread to see some traffic over the next few days. This is going to become a more regular occurrence I fear.

There's no reason why it would become a more regular occurrence, but that certainly won't stop the green lobby from conflating weather with climate anyway. 

1 hour ago, Tynie Wickfield said:

Poor Lanark FC

Did they put it up using blu tack? The forecasted conditions for Lanarkshire were really not severe at all, so unless there was a freak squall locally that is a bizarre level of damage. 

30 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's no reason why it would become a more regular occurrence, but that certainly won't stop the green lobby from conflating weather with climate anyway. 

The reason why stronger storms may become a more regular occurrence is because higher water temperatures on the tropics put more energy in the system. 

There's no clear evidence that there will be more storms, but a high chance that the storms we have will be stronger. 

Obviously no one knows for sure because it's uncharted territory. 

Weather and climate are not the same but they are pretty well related to each other. 

Some lovely sna' here now.

Bonkers stuff though. Nae trains and almost nae buses. Drivers had to stay in town last night. Power outages throughout the shire. Mintal.

Aye in response to @virginton I get that climate and weather are different but more frequent extreme is one of the results of climate change.