The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Fuckin hell. I was just about to report that it seems to be calming down a touch up here. This is mental.

I expect the climate change thread to see some traffic over the next few days. This is going to become a more regular occurrence I fear.

Buses still seem to be running but every train out of Aberdeen was off after about 5 tonight. 

Meant to be travelling up to Montrose today from Falkirk. The fair lady was having a meltdown yesterday about it and I said we’d wait until today to decide. Seeing everything is meant to subside around 9am, when we’re meant to be leaving.  
What’s the verdict from the P&B east coast community?

ETA: I’ve already seen the mention of the A90 N/B shut so I’m leaning towards agreeing with Mrs. Acon and patching it. 

Edited by Acon

9 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Next doors fence has blown down and I can see all the shite they've hidden up against it for the last 2 years. Utter minks.

Think ill phone the council and notify them, If I leave it to the neighbours it'll never fucking happen.

i wonder how many people have been ''inspired'' to tidy their garden a little after reading this post 🤣

28 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Took the dog out this morning and my mental gate has came away and another part of the fence has decided to give up the ghost. Seems a bit calmer wind wise though. Got some snow to top it all off! 60606ba9bc9fd3f8e0b3d237c56ce8b4.jpg

is that a light covering of snaw ?

Just now, Meldrew said:

i must have been paying too much attention to your stricken fence, you had already mention the snow in your post. sorry about that.

Fucking hell; I misread your post as well. I thought you asked if that was light covering the snow. 😅

Too early for my brain on a Saturday morning it seems. 

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Fucking hell; I misread your post as well. I thought you asked if that was light covering the snow. 😅

Too early for my brain on a Saturday morning it seems. 

You need to fix your mental gate, that'll help