The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

Just thought I'd pop in and tip everyone off that it's a bit windy tonight. Not sure if anyone's noticed.

Plenty of objects flying horizontally past the second floor of chez Fatty, including what looked like a couple of dead crows  :mellow:

Whoa, just had an extremely brief blackout as I'm typing this. Literally a split second; not even enough for my computer to turn off, but all the alarms in the area are going off.

1 minute ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Next doors fence has blown down and I can see all the shite they've hidden up against it for the last 2 years. Utter minks.

Think ill phone the council and notify them, If I leave it to the neighbours it'll never fucking happen.

Hey neighbour!

1 minute ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I was sent this from a pal in Glenrothes.  I'm assuming it's the wind that's caused this, but, Glenrothes...

received_427651815528375.jpeg

"Bugger, I forgot my keys, Ethel"
"Hold on, I've got an idea..."

Nowhere near as bad as that in Inverness, hope it's not coming our way. Remember staggering out of a club in Norwich in 87 thinking I must have really overdone the class A's when I saw trees and roofs flying around on the way home to bed.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Hey neighbour!

A manky Dee. I should have known!!!😋

Just watched a wheelie bin literally fly past my house about 3 feet off the ground. The trees outside are rocking about and im hoping the three of them come down so I can get out with the chainsaw and have next years wood sorted already!

As im writing this I've noticed a neighbours cat is taking shelter under a car. Poor wee fucker. 

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Who's laughing at my cube shaped prefab hoose now?

Well, with the direction the wind's going, it's probably hovering over Edinburgh by now, so...throbber?

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Nowhere near as bad as that in Inverness, hope it's not coming our way. Remember staggering out of a club in Norwich in 87 thinking I must have really overdone the class A's when I saw trees and roofs flying around on the way home to bed.

I moved to Kent less than a week after that one. There was a forest near our house that looked like Tunguska.