The Storms & Severe Weather Thread

CityDave

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Slight drizzle here on the costa del eh? Dog wasn’t impressed when out for his walk.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Meanwhile dog appears to be trying to wash Kincardine away.

FTFY.

As an aside.  Did you hear about the insomniac, dyslexic, agnostic?

Lay awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

19 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Torrential in Dundee right now. Forecast for 50mm between 12 and 1 which is half the monthly rainfall. Luckily we sensibly built the city on hills. A bit like  Rome 

In this season of extreme weather events that wreak havoc and destroy districts, imagine being a resident of Rome and being woken from your bed with the news your Eternal City is a bit like Dundee.

On 28/07/2021 at 19:40, sophia said:

In this season of extreme weather events that wreak havoc and destroy districts, imagine being a resident of Rome and being woken from your bed with the news your Eternal City is a bit like Dundee.

The streets are both lined with Tennents Super tbf

• 3 months later...
On 18/11/2021 at 17:48, Hedgecutter said:

Taps-Aff up this way.

16 (sixteen) degrees in mid-November.  Dafuq? 

Looks like it'll be rooftaps-aff soon enough. 

I'm up near Oban and it's a standard West Coast day. Wee bit of sleet at Tralee beach earlier.

IMG_20211126_113020.thumb.jpg.f9235b51b63af7ea178978f9b24c725e.jpg

Hopefully Cal-Mac will stop being shitebags and put the ferries back on tomorrow. 

Blustery wind and sleet in Inverness, hoping it will do its worst today and the football will go ahead tomorrow in milder conditions. 

Our fish man in a van from Cullen tells me the bins are flying about in Moray.

Edited by welshbairn

I was in Aberdeenshire today working out on the hills. Didn’t take long for me to decide work was a bust and drive home. Red warning means the potential for “very large waves” and “debris being blown onto the road.” Sounds fucking nuts. Might ignore the coast guards advice and get myself down to the sea [emoji305]

47 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I was in Aberdeenshire today working out on the hills. Didn’t take long for me to decide work was a bust and drive home. Red warning means the potential for “very large waves” and “debris being blown onto the road.” Sounds fucking nuts. Might ignore the coast guards advice and get myself down to the sea emoji305.png

Gbnf sweet prince X if you do decide to go to the beach.

Kirkcaldy usually has nutters on the prom wall watching storms so expect a few of them to get swept away.

Family in Aberdeen had restaurant cancelled, P&J Arena event is off, pubs shutting, police telling folk they should go home.

Friend's aboard a plane currently sat on the airport tarmac being told they might be flown back to London as staff won't bring the steps out.

Is this a true rare superstorm or has last 18 month reset everybody's "intervention threshold"?

5 hours ago, virginton said:

Looks like it'll be rooftaps-aff soon enough. 

I'm up near Oban and it's a standard West Coast day. Wee bit of sleet at Tralee beach earlier.

IMG_20211126_113020.thumb.jpg.f9235b51b63af7ea178978f9b24c725e.jpg

Hopefully Cal-Mac will stop being shitebags and put the ferries back on tomorrow. 

Tralee beach is great. 

A wee bit breezy in Dundeh this evening.

Chopper home today cancelled due to "potential for trigger lightning".  Good to know that 80mph winds ripping bits of metal off the rig and 10m waves below aren't too much of a hassle these days.

Edited by Hedgecutter