South Challenge Cup - 2014-15

HibeeJibee

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, Grim, but I'm right: on 2nd December 2012 the main pitch at Ainslie Park was unplayable due to part of it being frozen, much to the amusement of some of us as 2 days earlier you'd proposed having an "Image Printers Cup Day" at the park. Netherdale has been iced-up before, too.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/193189-weather-watch-011212/?p=6856317

I see where you're coming from, but it'll only happen with ties postponed multiple times or some huge backlog. Clubs (quite rightly) wouldn't go moving games to neutral venues en masse at the forecast of rain and as early as November, IMO.

At the next Whitehill AGM, Newky can propose to the committee to make a representation to the SFA for a rule change in the South Regional cup for less local matches. At the same AGM he can also propose to the committee to join the SJFA for more local matches for increased income. This is my genuine interpretation of what he is saying.

At least with Newky, I know he wants the best for Whitehill and whether it be more income or less chance to get knocked out of a cup by Spartans, Edin City or Stirling.

If you are not happy with the current set up as well, you can get your club to propose a change or as you said get them not to enter, oh wait, I don't think Scotland gets a vote.

more or less cic,

Id prob get thrown oot meeting but.....

the way things stand with the sjfa,there would be nothing to stop ww joining the sjfa and playing in the SENIOR Scottish cup every year with the license they currently have ? Yes/no ?

I dont agree with it but if juniors do it now whats to stop my club having future derby games against local teams with big followings albeit under a different association and regular senior Scottish cup matches ?

Sorry, Grim, but I'm right: on 2nd December 2012 the main pitch at Ainslie Park was unplayable due to part of it being frozen, much to the amusement of some of us as 2 days earlier you'd proposed having an "Image Printers Cup Day" at the park. Netherdale has been iced-up before, too.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/193189-weather-watch-011212/?p=6856317

I see where you're coming from, but it'll only happen with ties postponed multiple times or some huge backlog. Clubs (quite rightly) wouldn't go moving games to neutral venues en masse at the forecast of rain and as early as November, IMO.

Oh ok I didn't realize you was on about a junior game, fair dos to that one.

I still think that out of radical ideas some good can come. The pyramid was a bit radical up here eh?

Scotland was so initiative in the past, we wouldn't have had tv, phones or deep fried mars bars. English football was awash with Scottish footballers not just management.

Let's get that initiative back, let's be world leaders again, it's our National sport let's progress it.

Grimbo

Draw for next round -

South & West Zone

Upper Annandale v Edusport Academy

Newton Stewart v Dalbeattie Star

East Kilbride v Gretna 2008

BSC Glasgow v Wigtown & Bladnoch

North & East Zone

Spartans v Vale of Leithen

University of Stirling v Edinburgh City

Civil Service Strollers v Heriot-Watt University

Whitehill Welfare v Tynecastle

Gretna away to holders - Whitehill at home to EOSL opposition. Will we witness Cicero mumping that the system gives clubs likes NewcastleBroon's a potentially easier route? :P

HJ you must have read my mind. When I saw the draw, I was thinking of the best way to wind approach him on the subject. :P

To be fair after the last round, I think we deserved an away tie to the holders.

One of Newky's gripes is that we in the South play less matches than those in the north, it appears not to be the case.

HJ you must have read my mind. When I saw the draw, I was thinking of the best way to wind approach him on the subject. :P To be fair after the last round, I think we deserved an away tie to the holders. One of Newky's gripes is that we in the South play less matches than those in the north, it appears not to be the case.

na ye used to play less games but hj put that anomaly to bed couple year ago.

Its the quality of the opposition thats the problem now ;)

im surely no the only one who thinks it should be ALL in if its thee premier comp in the south.

Obviously never gonnae happen,anyway moving on ye never answered my question whether it would benefit ww going junior and keeping the license for the big Scottish ?

Archived