Jefferies Must Go Thread

FFS are you actually seriously saying that Ross Millen who plays in the 3rd tier of Scottish football should be capable of coping with Gary Mackay-Steven?

No I'm saying that he was identified as the weak point of our team and singled out quickly.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I'm saying that he was identified as the weak point of our team and singled out quickly.

By an international class player who plays two levels above him.........hardly a Mourinho-esque move....but fits your agenda so fair enough.

By an international class player who plays two levels above him.........hardly a Mourinho-esque move....but fits your agenda so fair enough.

No by a manager.

I like Millen - seems a gutsy young lad. In the tunnel at the end of the Peterhead game he was right in the face of some Peterhead player who had been giving a couple of our boys verbals. He took that penalty against Forfar in the playoffs in one of his first games. We can't expect all of our players to be world beaters. They're all a reasonable standard and it's up to the manager to get the best out of them.

Apart from Scully and Buchanan plenty of the players have had more than one shocker this season.

No by a manager.

Ok..............put in idiot-proof terms........do you really think Gary Mackay-Steven, a left-footed left-sided attacker would have stayed away from Millen, who plays right back, if his manager hadn't pointed out he was "the weak link" in our team?

Greedy greedy Pars fans .Lucky to have a club they are now back to happily squander cash away on replacing a manager who stood by them in their hour of need. Hypocrites the lot of them

Yup......... a few on P&B = them all

Greedy greedy Pars fans .Lucky to have a club they are now back to happily squander cash away on replacing a manager who stood by them in their hour of need. Hypocrites the lot of them

It's only a minority. Thankfully this forum only represents a small %; of our fans. I agree with with what you say though.

Ah yes because it was only Jefferies who stood by us in our hour of need.

None of the players like Husband took a wage cut to remain with the club, yet he was let go without such an outcry.

Why should Jefferies be treated differently?

Millen has followed in the footsteps of the likes of Steven Hampshire and Justin Skinner in becoming the scapegoat of the fans.

Some of the stuff shouted at games is way OTT IMO. It's as though some sections in our support are waiting for mistakes to be made to pounce on them.

Husband took a major pay cut and was released soon after, which I felt was harsh because he's miles better than dross we have like Forbes. He also showed loyalty. But football is results and performance based. Under Jefferies we have suffered 2 successive relegations, been gubbed by part-timers in promotion play-offs and continue to play shite in a league full of part-time teams despite having a budget that dwarves the rest of the league. This isn't a billy big bollocks post, it's more a criticism of what he's managed to do with those vast funds (we are fortunate we have a decent enough fan-base size and directors working hard to provide for DAFC which obviously contributes to this). He's grouped a squad that cannot handle the physicality of the lower leagues, continues to put players out of position and shows clear favouritism to certain players denying others that are better a game. However, the squad is good enough to win the league but after the first quarter we look nothing like champions and are, quite frankly, extremely fortunate that we're only the two points off Forfar.

Have we to just accept Jefferies as boss due to him showing loyalty whilst in the process continue to play shite football and slowly trundle away from the championship as the weeks go on, quite possibly becoming a part-time team next season? It's always the same. Folk wait till the end of the season when we inevitably cock it up and then say shit like "You know, I wish we could have done something to change it during the season." Change it, I say, and maybe someone can harness this team's ability and use to its potential.

Am I in a minority that thinks Urquhart should be given a chance at CB beside Buchanan? He looked solid against Ayr before he got injured.

I agree. I thought Urquhart came in and replaced Martin well and he was unlucky to get injured just as Martin returned from international duty. Lewis has been pretty shakey since his return though and I would give Stuart a start this week.

Millen has followed in the footsteps of the likes of Steven Hampshire and Justin Skinner in becoming the scapegoat of the fans.

Some of the stuff shouted at games is way OTT IMO. It's as though some sections in our support are waiting for mistakes to be made to pounce on them.

I don't think anyone was particularly singling him out for the poor results/performances. There was plenty of under performers on Saturday. I just don't understand why always gets chosen, even out of position, when Williamson is a much better footballer.

I don't think anyone was particularly singling him out for the poor results/performances. There was plenty of under performers on Saturday. I just don't understand why always gets chosen, even out of position, when Williamson is a much better footballer.

He might be a better "footballer" but both have serious flaws in the defensive side of their game. FWIW I agree Williamson should've taken part in Saturdays' game. He is a definite impact player.

Archived