Jefferies Must Go Thread

Scully has been outstanding and has earned us a good few undeserved points this season.

Somebody playing well and us getting more points as a result makes them undeserved? I call bullshit there.

Keepers aren't randomly handed out, they play for a team and their performances should be properly credited as a contribution to the team, if they play well and the team benefits it makes the points no less deserved than a striker doing well and scoring the goals that earn his team the points, yet how often do you here about undeserved points cause the striker scored a fantastic goal?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would invite applications, we're still a big enough draw to get a decent calibre of manager, when Tom Forsyth quit (and we were 3rd worst in Scotland at the time) apparently the Dundee manager was begging for the job . I would have went for Billy Reid personally but he has a job in Sweden now just now so that's out.

Was Forsyth not manager about 30 odd years ago? What Dundee manager was this? You'll have to narrow it down a bit as we've had a few that were demented

Too right, it's absurd to suggest we aren't streets ahead of the rest of the league in terms of budget.

Hope you draw some comfort from from the fact you're spending more for less. In a shyte league.

(to quote several Dunfermline posters)

Is anyone concerned that if Jefferies does actually leave at the end of the season and we bring a new manager in, that our preparations for next season will be disrupted regardless of which division we end up in?

For example, who gets to decide which players would be offered a new deal for the following season if he is retiring? He surely can't be allowed to hand out contracts to players who a new manager might not even want.

Unless of course its already been decided that McCann/Potter are going to be the next management team.

JJ called it a day after the play-offs, after which we had a flurry of transfer activity, all the deals being finalised by NM/JP. For whatever reason JJ changed his mind & decided to give it one more season. Take from that what you will, but be under no illusions that NM/JP have more influence over squad/team selection & tactics than you may think.

You've made the same points over and over, mostly because you seem to be wanting to pack the side with has-beens and tbh I can't be bothered covering most of it again.

I will cover the millen point tho, He is our best defensive full back- by a long distance, i really don't get how many people can't see that. He gets far too much unfair stick because he's not Williamson, and for some strange reason people want him not to play to his strengths. We evidently miss his set-piece play as well. Yea he's not as exciting as whittle or williamson, but he doesn't have to be to be a good player.

Millen is just the latest in a long line of scapegoats. It really does seem to hard for some people to understand that all full backs can't do what Ashley Cole & Alan Hutton do.........some are just defenders. The howls of derision every time he gets the ball & doesn't bomb forward like a train are frankly embarrassing.

JJ called it a day after the play-offs, after which we had a flurry of transfer activity, all the deals being finalised by NM/JP. For whatever reason JJ changed his mind & decided to give it one more season. Take from that what you will, but be under no illusions that NM/JP have more influence over squad/team selection & tactics than you may think.

Bloody hell that's a Monday morning scoop! What do you take from it? Some directors rate JJ and some don't? Must be a bit frustrating for JP/NM. A case of too many cooks?

Bloody hell that's a Monday morning scoop! What do you take from it? Some directors rate JJ and some don't? Must be a bit frustrating for JP/NM. A case of too many cooks?

Only that he was massively hacked off after the play-offs & felt he'd had enough, only to have a change of heart. This will definitely be his last season though. So DAFC & others like him will get their wish in the summer at the very latest.

FWIW I'm as frustrated by this season as most of you seem to be, but I'm a firm believer he deserves to see the season out. He's had a lot of shit flung at him over the last few seasons & this is the first & probably only season were he can be judged entirely on his own merits.

Hope you draw some comfort from from the fact you're spending more for less. In a shyte league.

(to quote several Dunfermline posters)

Yeah ok. :unsure2:

Millen is just the latest in a long line of scapegoats. It really does seem to hard for some people to understand that all full backs can't do what Ashley Cole & Alan Hutton do.........some are just defenders. The howls of derision every time he gets the ball & doesn't bomb forward like a train are frankly embarrassing.

When you get no width from the midfield going forward, where else do you look for it from? The full backs.

I know someone who coaches at a decent level, went to pars vs dundee United. Said that our right back was murder, McNamara spotted it straight away and put GMS on him.

This isn't a personal vandetta he's terrible. Everyone I sit near sighs when he gets the ball.

I know someone who coaches at a decent level, went to pars vs dundee United. Said that our right back was murder, McNamara spotted it straight away and put GMS on him.

This isn't a personal vandetta he's terrible. Everyone I sit near sighs when he gets the ball.

FFS are you actually seriously saying that Ross Millen who plays in the 3rd tier of Scottish football should be capable of coping with Gary Mackay-Steven?

Archived