Jefferies Must Go Thread

No, but better sides are more likely to attack us, therefore if we defend well there will be more space for our midfielders and forwards to exploit, putting less need to have a particularly attack minded full back. Teams lower down the division are more likely to sit in, therefore a someone like Williamson may be more required to come from defence and create chances.

Completely wrong, the worst thing you can do against a team sitting in is sit in yourself.

You need to get in behind them, we play long balls to massive defenders with our forwards unable to do anything. It's the reason Moffat is doing so badly.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this space not having Williamson in will supposedly create; who is going to be exploiting it exactly?

Bryne, falkingham, moffat, faiss etc etc, we have plenty of players who are capable of creating chances when teams don't have ten men behind the ball, the danger is more if we don't defend well when teams are attacking us.

Completely wrong, the worst thing you can do against a team sitting in is sit in yourself.

You need to get in behind them, we play long balls to massive defenders with our forwards unable to do anything. It's the reason Moffat is doing so badly.

Erm I'm not suggesting sitting in against teams that sit in against us, i think you made that up.

Bryne, falkingham, moffat, faiss etc etc, we have plenty of players who are capable of creating chances when teams don't have ten men behind the ball, the danger is more if we don't defend well when teams are attacking us.

Erm I'm not suggesting sitting in against teams that sit in against us, i think you made that up.

Aye because they've done that so successfully do far this season.

What you said was 'if we defend well then there will be more spaces for the midfield'.

Well that doesn't really make sense. You can see that this season although we have defended really well we haven't been scoring goals.

The midfield has never looked as ineffective imho.

Can we just conclude that parsforlife has abslolutely browned his frillies about this Williamson/Millen scenario and move on to something else?

Can we just conclude that parsforlife has abslolutely browned his frillies about this Williamson/Millen scenario and move on to something else?

No. However we can conclude that he has a different opinion from yours & others. How dare he.

Let's see on Saturday if the expected changes are made then we can discuss.

No point arguing about it.

Millen can be effective in the right situation or game, maybe to bring on after we are ahead but I feel he has had his chance and Ryan deserves his now.

Also if he does well he should keep his place.

Someone is going to have to explain this notion of Millen being a better defender than Williamson. Unless we're saying it's a marginal thing and you think both are fairly shite at the back.

Losing Millen as corner taker would be a disaster. Would seriously reduce the vast amount of goals we regularly score from them. It's a tough one.

Let's see on Saturday if the expected changes are made then we can discuss.

No point arguing about it.

Millen can be effective in the right situation or game, maybe to bring on after we are ahead but I feel he has had his chance and Ryan deserves his now.

Also if he does well he should keep his place.

It should be made clear that I am not arguing for millen to start on saturday , I think Williamson has been putting in strong displays in the u20s and should be one of the changes, home to Stirling is also the perfect type of game for him to be playing in.

Someone is going to have to explain this notion of Millen being a better defender than Williamson. Unless we're saying it's a marginal thing and you think both are fairly shite at the back.

Losing Millen as corner taker would be a disaster. Would seriously reduce the vast amount of goals we regularly score from them. It's a tough one.

I don't think millen is particularly shite defensively, Williamson is tho. Millen is far more likely to put himself in the right place to prevent danger, take the last game against Stirling when the ball dropped between two of their players waiting to be hit home, only for millen to clear, similar thing happened the following week against Ayr, where he was a crucial part of the good defensive display that won us that game. I honestly couldn't tell you a time when Williamson puts himself in those areas, millen does it regularly.

I actually thought Millen did well against Ayr but that was mostly after he got shifted to the middle of defence alongside Buchanan strangely. I think he's nowhere near strong enough to be a defensive full back though and is nowhere near effective enough at the other end.

Probably a good call to drop the idea we're losing anything with him no longer on set-pieces.

Triassic

(248 - 213 million years ago)

The earliest period of the Jeffries era. The name refers to the threefold long ball system, largely employed by four central Diplodicus.

Jurassic

(213 - 145 million years ago)

The middle period of the Jeffries era. It is named after a pleasingasaur who ate Willie Gibsonodon alive by for daring to run down the wing.

Cretaceous

(145 - 65 million years ago)

"The Age of Dinosaurs"

The final period of the Jeffries era. The name is derived from the Latin word for ("shit") and was first uttered by natives of Fife after sixty thousand relegations.

Archived