Jefferies Must Go Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are still odds on favourites to win the league and the bookies are never wrong - are they?

For what it's worth Dunfermline are easily the best team to have played at Balmoor this season and my money would be on them to win the league quite comfortably.

I think it's more some fans saying we should easily win the league and saying the league is shit and generally belittling other teams that other fans are objecting to.

It's strange how it works. Most fans on here will call their own teams shite but they don't like anyone else doing it.

I'm only frustrated with us because we should be a good team and we're not reaching our potential. If we just had shit players and no money then it wouldn't be great but it wouldn't be so disappointing.

Looking at our squad and the resources we have, there are no excuses for conceding such shite goals and dropping so many points. Questions need to be asked about our defending from set pieces in particular, we never really seem vulnerable until opposition gets a corner/free-kick in our half.

Also need to look at the fitness of the squad, 5 out of the 8 goals we've conceded in the league this season have come after the 70th minute.

Last season we scored lots of goals in the last ten but now we seem to be conceding them.

Not sure how this has happened.

We've had a soft centre to the team since JJ took over which surprised me as his Hearts side was quite physical.

This league is shit, the standard is absolutely horrendus. Any team capable of putting together a decent run of form is going to run away with this, Morton look in good shape to do this atm.

FFS Morton were utterly p1sh about an hour and a half ago, now they look in good shape.............??

The only thing consistent in this league is that every month a different team goes on a wee run & climbs the table.

The standard of this league is not "absolutely horrendous" - it's the 3rd tier of Scottish football, tell me what exactly you expect to see every week.

So fit teams never concede late goals?!

Surely it should be questioned that a full-time team in a part-time league (who should be miles ahead in terms of fitness) is conceding so many late goals. I find it quite concerning tbh. I haven't been to many games this season, however every week I hear the same thing; "we were on top for most of the game but they got right into it in the last 20 minutes and looked more likely to score than us", which appears to be true with 5 of our 8 goals against coming in the last 20 minutes.

It showed on Saturday: within a matter of just a few minutes, we went from having the majority of the ball and chances in front of goal to losing the ball easily and gifting them chances. The amount of folk (I'm included in this) that turned around after the Peterhead goal and said "saw it coming" wasn't just because of pessimism.

Hopefully the last 3 games have been a mere hiccup but performances appear to be deteriorating and we are dropping very daft points.

The standard of this league is not "absolutely horrendous" - it's the 3rd tier of Scottish football, tell me what exactly you expect to see every week.

What does expectation have to do with it? The standard is shite, but that's what you'd expect.. because it's the third tier of Scottish football.

Nerves as much as fitness could be the problem. We've the best defensive record by some distance - we're not losing a hellish amount of goals but when we're not scoring it heaps pressure on the defence and gives opponents the impetus to have a go.

I don't think we're especially free-flowing in the final third but we do still carve out a reasonable amount of chances. Do we blame guys like Moffat for being incapable of taking fairly simple chances week after week or do we look at the manager and ask 'why are guys like Geggan and Moffat looking like startled rabbits when presented with easy chances?'.

Re Moffat, my personal opinion is that if he gets himself even 2 goals in the next couple of weeks, we'll see him back to normal. He seems to be lacking in confidence which is expected of every striker if they're on a run of X amount of games without a goal.

What does expectation have to do with it? The standard is shite, but that's what you'd expect.. because it's the third tier of Scottish football.

I don't think its shite whatsoever. Some of the worst games of football I've ever seen have been in the so-called "best league in the world"

I don't think its shite whatsoever. Some of the worst games of football I've ever seen have been in the so-called "best league in the world"

If you want to watch football for some entertainment and even a bit of a giggle, then aye, SFL1 is your league. But the quality is woeful. n that respect, it is a dross league to be playing in.

If you want to watch football for some entertainment and even a bit of a giggle, then aye, SFL1 is your league. But the quality is woeful. n that respect, it is a dross league to be playing in.

Ah yes, the old "entertainment" line.........after watching the Pars for nearly 30 years, winning games is enough for me. If I wanted to be "entertained" I probably wouldn't be anywhere near East End Park or indeed most other grounds in Scotland. I go to see my team score goals & win games. If they play well, so be it......but I'm not going to wet my frillies because the quality of football on show isn't great. Just my opinion........

When the shit hit the fan, a fair percentage of our support claimed they would watch us play in any league, junior, amateur or otherwise...........very short memories.

When the shit hit the fan, a fair percentage of our support claimed they would watch us play in any league, junior, amateur or otherwise...........very short memories.

Oh do f**k off.

You're completely missing the point,

The point that's being made is that for the money being spent we are not getting a good return on the pitch, as someone alluded to before, if we were absolutely skint, had a lower budget than everyone else then I'd accept being in a relegation scrap.

As it is we have by far and away the biggest budget and we're dreadful.

Oh do f**k off.

You're completely missing the point,

The point that's being made is that for the money being spent we are not getting a good return on the pitch, as someone alluded to before, if we were absolutely skint, had a lower budget than everyone else then I'd accept being in a relegation scrap.

As it is we have by far and away the biggest budget and we're dreadful.

I'm not missing any point & thanks, but I won't f*ck off. Thanks for that though, is that you debate all issues in real life?

Archived