Jefferies Must Go Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I in a minority that thinks Urquhart should be given a chance at CB beside Buchanan? He looked solid against Ayr before he got injured.

I agree. Don't think he looked fantastic or that but Martin seems like he's had all his talent stolen by the Space Jam aliens or something.

edit- Nail on head about Millen. I can fully understand Millen playing if he was our only option but he isn't. He's no better defensively than Williamson and is rarely if ever a threat going forward.

Fans could accept having a shite team and just being happy to be alive if the players were all rubbish part-timers, getting paid £100 a week. We actually have a good team though, players who should be able to win this league and win it well. However, we're nowhere near reaching our potential just now so naturally fans aren't happy.

Jim Jefferies has been relegated twice as Pars manager and steered us to one of the worst results in our recent history. Despite all that, it's only in the past few weeks there has been a serious movement wanting him punted. I think he's been given a lot of leeway by Pars fans if I'm honest. I respect him for working for free and helping us out in our hour of need. Does that mean he's earned the right to not be questioned by supporters? Is he unsackable?

The amount of space we were getting on the right hand side was unreal against Morton, Millen was point-blank refusing to get into it and just constantly launched balls into the box which their hulking CB's dealt with easily. Their number 5 totally walked it. This is another problem I've seen from most games this season. Defences are coping easily with us due to lack of creativity.

Last season, with a much weaker squad, we were destroying teams in the final third every single week, up until we qualified for the play-offs, it was our defending that was the problem last term. This season we have added the league's top goal scorer (scored more than any The Rangers player), Stranraer's best player, one of the trickiest midfielders in the league, and we seem to have got worse. Players clearly aren't getting managed properly.

After just watching the under 20 match on Arabzone, I noticed a massive difference in attitudes between them and the first team. The first team for the most part are happy to stand off opposition players while the under 20 players were hassling and harrying constantly not giving the United players a minute's peace.

Must have been just about their first win this season tonight? Seem to be losing every week but that's a cracking result.

Second win. They beat Inverness 5-0 earlier in the season.

The amount of space we were getting on the right hand side was unreal against Morton, Millen was point-blank refusing to get into it and just constantly launched balls into the box which their hulking CB's dealt with easily. Their number 5 totally walked it. This is another problem I've seen from most games this season. Defences are coping easily with us due to lack of creativity.

Last season, with a much weaker squad, we were destroying teams in the final third every single week, up until we qualified for the play-offs, it was our defending that was the problem last term. This season we have added the league's top goal scorer (scored more than any The Rangers player), Stranraer's best player, one of the trickiest midfielders in the league, and we seem to have got worse. Players clearly aren't getting managed properly.

From reading the posts from Morton fans after the last game and before the EEP game they all said that they couldn't believe the Pars didn't attack down the flanks. Instead we played long balls up to Ugwu in the first game. The second game was crying out for Williamson to come on at half time.

If we can see it and opposition fans can also see it.....it must be that we are all wrong and Jefferies is right.

From reading the posts from Morton fans after the last game and before the EEP game they all said that they couldn't believe the Pars didn't attack down the flanks. Instead we played long balls up to Ugwu in the first game. The second game was crying out for Williamson to come on at half time.

If we can see it and opposition fans can also see it.....it must be that we are all wrong and Jefferies is right.

He did it once, against Falkirk, and Williamson totally changed the game.

Playing him on the right and Stirling on the left is surely an ideal tactic to get some width in the team. Doesn't matter because the players clearly aren't being managed properly. As I've said, he probably won't be sacked this season. Think it would take something really drastic for that to happen: like losing our next 6 games or whatever...

Millen's hardly being made a scapegoat. Many fans just don't understand why he gets a game ahead of Williamson who is a special talent.

I disagree. He's the first one the support as a collective will jump on if a mistake is made. I agree that Williamson is a very good player and has the potential to go far; I don't think anyone will debate that. Going forward he is a better option than Millen - arguably, he is the best attacking outlet we have in the wide areas.

Millen is a much more defensive minded full back and certainly doesn't possess the pace Williamson has to beat a man. You can debate as to whether one or the other should start in games - that's fine. But some of the shouts at Millen I've heard at games are not because they believe Williamson should be in the team ahead of him. Some of them are simply "you're f*****g s***e" the first mistake he makes. Is it because he's been in the team since we went into administration? He's obviously played a fair few games now but he's still only 20 years old, so mistakes will happen - especially at this level.

Like I say, I don't have any issue in discussing whether one player should play or another, or discussing their performances. But with Millen I genuinely get the feeling that for some fans, no matter what he does, he'll never please them.

And as much as I may be cheesed off at performances (as I was on Saturday) I don't see what berating individual players is going to achieve. I felt that way when Ugwu was walking off after penalty-gate; it was clear he knew he'd made a mess of it, and everyone was rightly frustrated, but the abuse and boos he got walking up the tunnel I felt was wrong. For performances to improve, the squad's confidence needs to be up as part of it.

Greedy greedy Pars fans .Lucky to have a club they are now back to happily squander cash away on replacing a manager who stood by them in their hour of need. Hypocrites the lot of them

This is an absolute nonsense statement. Just because they had financial difficulties and are "lucky to have a club" doesn't mean they have to stick by a failing manager who has orchestrated two consecutive relegations and a play-off failure. Do you think Jefferies would have "stood by them" if there was another club remotely interested in him?

^^This is the major problem at our club. I feel that the board will stick by Jefferies because he stuck around during admin. Like you I feel that this wasn't necessarily a good thing as it will give him a year or so too much.

Our fans are certainly not selfish, I watched them clap our team off the pitch quite often despite being embarrassed by part-time sides.

That time is over now and he has been given a years grace, time to look objectively and through all the BS in his post match statements.

Unless we go on a run and beat the top teams in the next games we will be in the playoffs again, which we will lose AGAIN!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived