Jefferies Must Go Thread

Getting pumped off a part-time team isn't acceptable when you're full-time.

No reason to believe Forfar can't pip us to the title based on our previous calamitous efforts to beat part-time teams when the pressure was on. Same applies if we have to go through play-offs again this year to the likes of Alloa if they find themselves in the play-offs. Still think we'll win the league but this is pretty pish stuff from a team that has a shittonne more resources than every single team in the league.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris wasn't injured against Cowdenbeath? He was dropped for the hopeless Kerr Young because Morris had the audacity to move up to the SPL, ironically I'm pretty sure after the Cowdenbeath game both him and Young played the same amount of games for Dunfermline. Good management Jim.

Morris wasn't injured against Cowdenbeath? He was dropped for the hopeless Kerr Young because Morris had the audacity to move up to the SPL, ironically I'm pretty sure after the Cowdenbeath game both him and Young played the same amount of games for Dunfermline. Good management Jim.

I know it's old ground but that really did annoy me about Morris. Every other manager in the league knows that his squad is likely to change from one season to the next and tries to get the best out of them while they still can. Would Airdrie fans have thanked Bollan for dropping Buchanan for the latter part of last season just because he hadn't re-signed for this season?

There's a lot of ignoring the fact that Morris had been dreadful in the run up to being dropped. Regardless, it's old ground. Calls to sack the manager in what is his last season anyway whilst we've are on steady form is bonkers. It's been quite a boring season really, but not disasterous.

Manager's Thursday comments: "We knew the young boys would improve..." Got that far and gave up. Jefferies continues to regurgitate this fantasy that we have good youth players that are slowly finding their feet. Utter, utter horse shit. Lewis Martin somehow gets called up for Scotland, Christ knows why. Nearly caused 3 goals against Forfar with stupid school-boy-esque pass backs which their strikers easily latched on to. Luckily their finishing was totally pish and we got away with it. He's been doing stuff like that since he got a start too. Jefferies is living in a total fantasy if he thinks our youth are any good.

Manager's Thursday comments: "We knew the young boys would improve..." Got that far and gave up. Jefferies continues to regurgitate this fantasy that we have good youth players that are slowly finding their feet. Utter, utter horse shit. Lewis Martin somehow gets called up for Scotland, Christ knows why. Nearly caused 3 goals against Forfar with stupid school-boy-esque pass backs which their strikers easily latched on to. Luckily their finishing was totally pish and we got away with it. He's been doing stuff like that since he got a start too. Jefferies is living in a total fantasy if he thinks our youth are any good.

It's an excuse for managers to fall back on, look at Hodgson and the English media trying to make themselves feel better after a dreadful World Cup where they were made to look horseshit by saying over and over to themselves 'aww it's because we have a young team'.. Even though the average age of the starting 11 was nearly 27 years old. Infuriating.

Martin gets a call up because he is a good defender, he does make mistakes but he's 18?

He has the best potential out of everyone in our squad,

He did have a shocker against Forfar though, then again Buchanan wasn't great either. It happens.

In hindsight playing that back three against Cowden was a disaster, but at the time I had no complaints against him picking that side.

Morris was shecht in the semi 1st leg, Page got sent off suspended for 1 game.

For the 2nd leg JJ dropped Morris, put Young & Martin in with Grainger beside them to organise, they all looked solid & we had Whittle & Williamson bombing on up the wings too.

1st Cowden game the back 3 looked solid enough again, although we lost a goal from a set piece it was Geggan who was beaten if i remember right.

After those two performances he was never gonnae change it for the last game. In hindsight he 100% should have, yes. But who knows, Morris & Page might've had another shocker (not unlikely) & then we'd be going insane about JJ making changes where the performances had been good.

I've seen JJ blamed for the Airdrie game that dropped us into the playoffs the season before, but how many chances did our team miss that day? & could he really have picked anyone else? Our run up to that game was surprisingly good too, beating Cowden & Morton.

SPL was a write-off before he arrived although that Hibs game was spectacularly bad! McCann was unbelievable, hooked at half time & we put Gary Mason to centre back who promptly retired. That squad had some decent players but you could try any number of combinations (McIntyre did!) & still never find a first 11 that could play together...

I dunno if JJ's done enough this season but I've been impressed by him putting two decent teams together in two short spaces of time - first after relegation from SPL he built nearly a whole new side, looked much better than the team from the previous season & were up there challenging before admin hit. Secondly after the redundancies despite only being able to bring in players under 20 years old he cobbled together a decent if very inexperienced team that did pretty well over the season, obviously coming up short in the playoff games though.

This season's been a slow start but I'm pleased they've at least managed to sort out the terrible defending from last season & look at least ok at the back.

I do get annoyed with the pish he comes out with after games sometimes but does it really matter much at the end of the day? He knows we need to improve no matter what he says in interviews.

Archived