Jefferies Must Go Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to the farcical centre half situation we allow two players to go out on loan, release another without replacing any of them so if one is unavailable we have to play Millen out of position and the under 20s have been so short handed in that area they're having to play John Potter and a 15 year old kid at the back.

Bit like when he let Potter go out on loan and we had to play McCann in a crucial game that ultimately cost us relegation.

Hibs were absolute murder that season, they didn't win that game we threw it away.

Same shit, same result no lessons learned.

Time to go.

Do we need a pinned thread just so people stop blaming Jefferies for us getting relegated from the SPL? He's clearly not doing a good job just now but you just can't blame him for that one.

Page being away on loan is no loss. Honestly don't think Millen out of position is much worse at all.

As for Jefferies future, I think a decision will be made to move him upstairs. Can't see the club sacking him at all so think that's the only way he'll leave the post as he's not about to resign. Plenty of guys out of work or looking to start their careers who would be doing just as well. Plus, even if we go on to win the league, which is by no means certain, do we really fancy JJ managing us in the Championship?

do we really fancy JJ managing us in the Championship?

No, but thats a different matter to sacking him now.

As for the rest if the thread, there are some completely nonsense arguments in there that seem to be chucked in just to blame JJ for something, i can understand that some have decided they want him sacked, but can the arguments at least be kept semi-sensible? Ranting about either things he has no control over(potter on loan for example) or are quite obviously the correct decision( punting page out on loan) doesn't help anybody.

Do we need a pinned thread just so people stop blaming Jefferies for us getting relegated from the SPL? He's clearly not doing a good job just now but you just can't blame him for that one.

Page being away on loan is no loss. Honestly don't think Millen out of position is much worse at all.

As for Jefferies future, I think a decision will be made to move him upstairs. Can't see the club sacking him at all so think that's the only way he'll leave the post as he's not about to resign. Plenty of guys out of work or looking to start their careers who would be doing just as well. Plus, even if we go on to win the league, which is by no means certain, do we really fancy JJ managing us in the Championship?

Think he's hinted this is going to be his last season in management so we'll most likely be looking for someone new by the end of the season. Another reason why he won't be sacked.

Jeffries is a managerial dinosaur but he should still lead Dunfermlibe to the title. Sacking him would most likely lead to Neil McCann replacing him would it not? Which is surely too much of a risk as giving someone with no managerial experience that job with the expectation to win the league could lead to disaster. If Dunfermline didn't win the league I wouldn't expect them to win the playoffs either, playing against fired up diddys usually leads to disaster for the on paper favourites (we've been there many times).

Surely with the squad Dunfermline has JJ should still lead them to the title with more financial backing possibly in January. If it wasn't for Forfars surprisingly great season Dunfermline would probably have this league wrapped up already. I fully expect Forfars bubble to burst and Dunfermline to win the league by 10 points with Jeffries in charge. Is the expectation from Dunfermline fans really that high? I thought we were bad.

The chances are that Jefferies will retire at the end of the season. Himself, Potter and McCaan are clearly a team at the moment and to split that up at this stage would be madness. I'm quite disappointed in some fans wishing him to be sacked. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think it stinks of old firm levels of arrogance. I am grateful for how the club is running at the moment and thankfully my pals who I go to the games with, share the same opinion. Pie and bovril only represents a tiny minority of Pars fans. The majority of people are surely happy with the management at this time.

The chances are that Jefferies will retire at the end of the season. Himself, Potter and McCaan are clearly a team at the moment and to split that up at this stage would be madness. I'm quite disappointed in some fans wishing him to be sacked. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think it stinks of old firm levels of arrogance. I am grateful for how the club is running at the moment and thankfully my pals who I go to the games with, share the same opinion. Pie and bovril only represents a tiny minority of Pars fans. The majority of people are surely happy with the management at this time.

Erm, why would you be "grateful" or "happy" with the management of a side that has failed to beat and trails a part-time outfit operating on an absolutely tiny fraction of your own, full-time budget?

I am grateful and happy because we are no longer 'cheating' The club is in a good state at the moment. Things could have been so much worse for us. There are still plenty of games to play and I fully expect to be top of the league come the end of the season. Potter and McCaan will probably take over next season after learning their trade from Jefferies - I am positive about our future.

Wanting a change in manger is 'arrogant'?! What the f**k are you talking about?!

Wanting a change in manger is 'arrogant'?! What the f**k are you talking about?!

It might not be clear what I meant. I think we are in a good place with our team at the moment - and we should be happy with where we are at the moment. Fair enough we haven't started off to a flyer but there is no point changing anything at the moment. We can't expect to pump teams every week ( especially at the start of the season) we are a big scalp in the division and it will take time for our full time status to pay dividends.

"We are a big scalp in the division"

Sounds pretty arrogant to me. Forfar for one just think we're another team which is why they pumped us and should have done so again yesterday.

Whilst we undeniably have some fans, far too many sadly, in our support who believe we are a 'big team' (laughable), more know and understand our position. We've played enough games this season to judge the team and many have seen what they consider to be far too many poor performances and managerial mis-steps. Add to this the manager's failure in the playoffs the past two seasons and you can understand the concern of some fans

Archived