Dundee vs Accies

If there's a Accies player that's going to score on Saturday then it's Imrie, he always scores against us. Fans of clubs say this about opposition players all the time but if you actually look at it Imrie's record against us is unbelievable, even more so considering he's not even a striker.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartley knows how to play against Accies but this team isn't like any other Hartley has faced. Andreu, Crawford and Redmond have the potential the give Dundee a lot of problems and our defence is solid.

Cant really call the score but I think its going to be a good game.

accies1874, on 21 Oct 2014 - 12:06, said:

Hartley knows how to play against Accies but this team isn't like any other Hartley has faced. Andreu, Crawford and Redmond have the potential the give Dundee a lot of problems and our defence is solid.

2 out of 3 of those players played against us last season and did absolutely nothing.

Something is different with this accies team certainly but would you say you are defensively solid?

Most reports I've read are glowing in their praise for your attacking and midfield players but more than a hint of riding your luck at the back - particularly the Celtic and sheep games. From the highlights of the Aberdeen game it certainly looked like your defence was anything but solid and on another day Rooney and goodwillie would both have scored after blowing your defence away with a simple central run.

It's all moot now with the 3 points in the hipper but teams will start taking their chances eventually.

Something is different with this accies team certainly but would you say you are defensively solid?

Most reports I've read are glowing in their praise for your attacking and midfield players but more than a hint of riding your luck at the back - particularly the Celtic and sheep games. From the highlights of the Aberdeen game it certainly looked like your defence was anything but solid and on another day Rooney and goodwillie would both have scored after blowing your defence away with a simple central run.

It's all moot now with the 3 points in the hipper but teams will start taking their chances eventually.

If you are saying that we are riding our luck then I agree. Things could have turned out differently in both those matches, just like in any other match. Take, for example, our draw at your place last season when a fine goalkeeping performance stopped us running away with it.

We all make - and need to take - our own luck. Was it Arnie Palmer who said, 'Lucky? Me? Sure I am. And the more I practise, the luckier I get.'

If you are saying that we are riding our luck then I agree. Things could have turned out differently in both those matches, just like in any other match. Take, for example, our draw at your place last season when a fine goalkeeping performance stopped us running away with it.

We all make - and need to take - our own luck. Was it Arnie Palmer who said, 'Lucky? Me? Sure I am. And the more I practise, the luckier I get.'

f**k Arnold Palmer.

2 out of 3 of those players played against us last season and did absolutely nothing.

Crawford did absolutely nothing against most teams last season but he's improved dramatically since then. Andreu has also been quality and the three of them (and Gills) are very good and play great stuff.

I suppose Dundee fans have the right to be confident going by their record against us last year, but we really are a different side this year. Watching us this year is an absolute joy, the best football i have ever seen any Accies team play. I can say no more than that.

I suppose Dundee fans have the right to be confident going by their record against us last year, but we really are a different side this year. Watching us this year is an absolute joy, the best football i have ever seen any Accies team play. I can say no more than that.

Table doesn't lie hope footballs the winner plenty of goals and a narrow Dee win do me, would settle for a draw.

Off to see the young lads play Accies at the Stadio del NDP later. Gonzo should ensure it'll be a game of short passes on the deck. First defender attempting to launch it up the park is risking an own goal.

0-3.

Archived