Livingston v Queens

That's an incredible statistic. Especially considering we have diving b*****d (copyright every opposing fan in the division) Iain Russell on our books.

Just checked and that game was 17th August last year. So our last penalty was -

From and including: Saturday, 17 August 2013

To and including: Sunday, 19 October 2014

Result: 429 days

It is 429 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 1 year, 2 months, 3 days including the end date

Alternative time units

429 days can be converted to one of these units:

37,065,600 seconds

617,760 minutes

10,296 hours

429 days

61 weeks (rounded down).

We have of course taken penalties since that date as we lost on penalties to Hearts in the League Cup.

We've been awarded just two penalties since Iain Russell signed for us, in the opening two games of last season, both scored by McGuffie. The first was for Iain Davidson of Dundee pulling McKenna down in the box at a corner and the second that non-existent handball at Livingston.

Russell should have earned a penalty at Raith last week when he was clearly fouled in the box but presumably his reputation went before him and the ref waved play on.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've not been awarded a penalty since the work of fiction one we got at Livi in the second game of last season for the ball hitting Coll Donaldson in the face. That's about 15 months now since we got one. I have absolutely no idea who would be on them now. It was Ryan McGuffie back then but he's been away from the club for nine months! I guess if may be Russell, although Baird used to take them for Raith too I think. Michael Paton has taken one for us in a friendly too but as he's not fit at the moment anyway I doubt it would be him.

Last season, our main Penalty takers were Calum Elliot and Greig Spence.

Liam fox took a couple of penalties and Callum Booth took a penalty as well. I don't think Baird ever took one for us though..

I can't remember Russell missing a penalty for us, could be wrong on that one, but he's a very able taker of them.

61 weeks since you guys last had a penalty, eh? I'm sure we'll fix you up with one. 8)

Russell should have earned a penalty at Raith last week when he was clearly fouled in the box but presumably his reputation went before him and the ref waved play on.

Yeah that was a stonewaller up in Kirkcaldy.

Quite agree there was a level of contact enough for a penalty but Russell's habit of over-exaggerating his fall probably swayed the Ref's decision. Whether the level of contact was sufficient to bring him down or whether he "made the decision" to go down is another matter. I thought it was the latter and he could have stayed on his feet and been right in on goal.

It was the slightest contact and never a pen in a million years. Russell's reputation ensured it was never being awarded.

Compare that embarrassment to Gallacher getting pulled and kicked while he danced through Alloa's defence yesterday. Gallacher stayed on his feet and shows what happens when you don't go down too easily.

It was the slightest contact and never a pen in a million years. Russell's reputation ensured it was never being awarded.

Compare that embarrassment to Gallacher getting pulled and kicked while he danced through Alloa's defence yesterday. Gallacher stayed on his feet and shows what happens when you don't go down too easily.

:lol:

Ok then

My natural pessimism, and experience of the see-saw emotions of following Queens over the years, makes me wary of predicting an away win in this game. We followed up a great result at home to Hibs by falling flat on our faces against Cowdenbeath. We enjoyed a good win yesterday , ok only against Falkirk, so lets hope we do not slip up against the current bottom club next week. As always I hope for an away win, but would probably settle for a draw bearing in mind Livi's record over us already this season.

Normally I'd say this would be a stick on for a 2-2 draw but on our current form and inability to score I think we'll lose 2 or 3 nil.

Ligament damage, a Hibs player went through the back of him.

He normally plays well for you against us. If he's out he'll be a big miss. What's gone wrong since you last played us?

He normally plays well for you against us. If he's out he'll be a big miss. What's gone wrong since you last played us?

Yep he's one of our best players.

Gallagher being out is a big loss, Sives and Fordyce look very shaky at the back, if our defence were better then I suppose the need to score a goal wouldn't be so great but we can't score to save ourselves just now.

Mensing can't be far away from a game, he's back training and played in a training game last week, I think he'd improve things as his experience helps Fordyce when playing alongside him.

McGlynn has got us hitting big punts up to no one though and that more than anything is screwing us, White just isn't getting the service. Actually think I've jinxed him since I put his goal tally up last month, he's not scored since then. I'm not superstitious but i'll be taking it down if he doesn't score soon. :ph34r:

Cowden fans or should I say Cowden Convert gets everywhere preaching his poorly balanced views on things that don't really concern him. Ohwell won't need to worry about him after this season or will he keep visiting trying to make himself or Cowden seem important.

Can't score a goal so we'll get horsed at least 3-0 by Queens, they're better than Hibs imo and a mediocre Hibs team just stuck 4 past us.

After beating Alloa 4-0 we actually had a + GD, now after another 4 games we're on -8 and sitting bottom of the table, dunno WTF has happened to us since that game..

Barring some drastic changes to our starting 11 and dumping hoofball 7-0 Queens.

Yep he's one of our best players.

Gallagher being out is a big loss, Sives and Fordyce look very shaky at the back, if our defence were better then I suppose the need to score a goal wouldn't be so great but we can't score to save ourselves just now.

Mensing can't be far away from a game, he's back training and played in a training game last week, I think he'd improve things as his experience helps Fordyce when playing alongside him.

McGlynn has got us hitting big punts up to no one though and that more than anything is screwing us, White just isn't getting the service. Actually think I've jinxed him since I put his goal tally up last month, he's not scored since then. I'm not superstitious but i'll be taking it down if he doesn't score soon. :ph34r:

I am. Get it down! :unsure2:

Archived